Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Had a ball today at republic - went to the meet and greet afterwards - it was great, made my daughters day- Me I just enjoyed the takeoff and landings ..a nice day overall..
    Ken :borat:

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Reporter goes up with John Klatt:

http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard

Sure changes quickly doesnt it? I was at Eisenhower and it was cool and cloudy around 9:30 but by 11 or so the sun
    breaks out and it turns into a real summery day. How was it a Jones?

How was the Marine demo at Eisenhower? I was very disappointed that it was canceled at Farmingdale, of course I waited for an hour before giving up on it. Any idea why it was canceled?

As far as weather was concerned, with the openness of the airport, it was very windy and a little on the cool side. I enjoyed the weather and the planes. There was a dark gray C-147(?) that did a fly over at Farmingdale, however, it stayed somewhere else as it never returned. I look forward to the show at the beach tomorrow.

Mother Nature teased us this morning but the clouds burned off nicely for the second half of the show.

Windmiller looked amazing! I love that plane & am in awe watching him fly.

Hamster changed the sponsor, paint job & show narration. What didn't change was his precision flying. Looked great.

CF-18 had amazing music, unfortunately, they had to do a low show. Looked much tighter today and Boozer does a good job at working out that Hornet. I loved the Dirty Pass with everything, including the Refueling probe!

John Klatt looked as sharp as ever. He was missed last year and it was good to see him & his WOOO-HOOO Flip back!

The entire RED BULL team was amazing & it was cool seeing Chamberliss flying in person.

Loved the 106th. That HC-130 must have made 5 passes overhead @ 300ft or less! You can feel the props form that monster with every pass!

Julie Clark was amazing. It was my first time seeing her & I had tear in my eyes when she did her America tribute. Listening to her communicate to ATC & seeing her perform, it's no wonder she has the reputation she does. A class act & top tier performer all the way!

Sean D. Tucker doesn't look like he has a new plane! He flies the new one like he was born in the thing. I never get tired of seeing him perform.

Dusty & his A-10 put on an amazing demo today! I love watching him fly the Warthog, it's so graceful, yet intimidating at the same time. I can just imagine what that thing must look like in combat, it's a good thing I don't need to see it first hand! :lol:

The Blues looked better than I've ever seen them. I was so blown away at how tight they were & their timing was pretty much right on today. The sneak had people jumping from the East to the West Bath House! I love the new tunes & can't wait to see them again tomorrow & later on this summer.

I know the lineup was a little light on the Burners this year but I'm very impressed at how this show has grown over the years. It's extremely well organized & Wayne Boggs does a fantastic job at keeping the action going as well as keeping the show on time. Rob Reider also does a great job (as always). He kept the flow going so there was never really a lull in the action, even when there were no planes in the airshow box. He also has quite the singing voice as was heard during the opening National Anthem.

Great day today & with temps in the high 80's tomorrow, looking for another!

See you on the beach!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

It was canceled due to lack of ramp space. Also it was a c-130 from the 106th that probably had extra gas and flew by.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70
    Mother Nature teased us this morning but the clouds burned off nicely for the second half of the show.

Great day today & with temps in the high 80's tomorrow, looking for another!

See you on the beach!
    Scroll back to Read the Full Quote from Big Tim

Great Review Big Tim, I concur!

For me...
    Got a Late Start (w/Teenage Daughter and her Friend) and Was on the RM Causeway during the CF-18.
    My Buddy Said he was not impressed with CF-18, but then again he Compares everything to The F-22 Raptor Demo from 2 years Ago, Which sets the Bar Very High.The Low show Explains why he was not impressed. Hopefully with Blue Skies in the Forecast for Sunday, will make it better Chance for a CF-18 High Show.

Weather was Windy At times and the Sun did Eventually break through in time for Angels to do a High Show, as Rob Explained to crowd.

In My Opinion... Not the Best Day for photos.
    I had Been Toying with a Friends Canon 20D 18-250mm for the First time.
    Reviewing the 370 I took... Even my shots away from the Glare Still did not cut through the lingering Haze. I Spent most time on the Board walk Between East Bathhouse and Water Tower, Just a Bit Left of Show Center under a Boardwalk Canopy. After Reading here and seeing the High Speed Pass photos From FRI, Went down to The Water for the Blues.
    All I can Say is WOW. :o :o :o I was about 10' from the water's edge for That # 5 High speed Deck Pass and it Was My Highlight of Day. It had to be less than 100' over the Deck.

I may just go early to beach on Sunday to Catch what I missed today and leave after CF-18. I want to Get to FRG for Departures & Returns. Wishing For Bluer Skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam
    Got a Late Start (w/Teenage Daughter and her Friend) and Was on the RM Causeway during the CF-18.
    My Buddy Said he was not impressed with CF-18, but then again he Compares everything to The F-22 Raptor Demo from 2 years Ago, Which sets the Bar Very High.The Low show Explains why he was not impressed. Hopefully with Blue Skies in the Forecast for Sunday, will make it better Chance for a CF-18 High Show.

I was actually chatting with the folks from the CF-18 demo at the announcers stand after the show today.

They were EXTREMELY disappointed to have low ceilings again today. Their low show is basically a series of flyby's which is what we saw today.

Tell your friend to wait & pass judgment on them after tomorrow when Boozer will have clear skies to do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Danycam

I was actually chatting with the folks from the CF-18 demo at the announcers stand after the show today.

They were EXTREMELY disappointed to have low ceilings again today. Their low show is basically a series of flyby's which is what we saw today.

Tell your friend to wait & pass judgment on them after tomorrow when Boozer will have clear skies to do his thing.
    Based on that, I am Just might be Going Back For that and then Im off to FRG.
    Thanks

NLovis

Well my turn tomorrow. Wish me luck :borat:

Day #3 for me. Hope you like them.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Eric,
    AWESOME shots, especially that wild Sneak pass over the shoreline !!! :borat:
    BTW, good seeing you at FRG on Friday evening also.

Eric,

Love the Black & White of the Warbirds!

Great shots!

Does anybody who went today have or remember the show schedule?
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

The full show from the CF-18 is AMAZING - trust me! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065
    Does anybody who went today have or remember the show schedule?
    Times are approximate and based on the Time stamp of my Digital Camera.
    I may have Left Someone out.

SAT 5/29/10:

1000 - 1003 US Army Golden Knights [Gold Team]
    1003 - 1010 Team Oracle Sean Tucker (Warm Up)
    1010 - 1023 US Army Golden Knights [Gold Team]
    1032 - 1045 Matt Chapman- Embry-Riddle Eagle 580
    1045 - 1100 CAF CF-18 Demo
    1100 - ???? Red Bull Air Force
    ???? - ???? Chuck Aaron- Red Bull Helicopter
    ???? - 1130 Kirby Chambliss- Red Bull Extra 300
    1130 - 1150 106th ANG SAR Demo
    1150 - 1200 John Klatt- ANG Staudacher S-300D
    1200 - ???? B-17 Yankee Lady
    ???? - ???? Warbirds Over Long Island
    ???? - 1220 American Air Power Museum Warbirds
    1220 - 1230 USCG Falcon