Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

We're bringing a Pavehawk to the beach tomorrow. Please come up and say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S
    Anyway, it was great seeing Big Tim, Christina, Joe C., Larry, Moose and Fred today at FRG.
    BTW, sorry you got busted when you got home since you looked like a LOBSTER, Tim !! :lol: LOL
    Dude, Friends don't let Friends get their pasty Irish Skin fried when they're playing hookie! :lol:

The funny thing is that I actually thought she wouldn't notice. Wrong! :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam
    I think I had seen some of you just prior to that over by the A-10s that landed at About 12:15p. There was a bunch of Photographers Huddled and Conversing on the fence-line in the Museum Lot just as the A-10 Shut there engines off. One of you were on the inside of the fence holding Court with a few on the outside. I wish I knew who was who I would have said hello and thanks in person.
    ... Anyway thanks for all the Great Shots you all take and Post here. :D :D :D
    Yep, that was us! Chris S, Christina, Moose, Joe, & I. The guy inside the velvet rope was none other than (Fred) DERF.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina
    LMFAO I am even redder then yesterday. Need to go buy tube top shirt so I don't look like a farmers wife haha
    I wish the Farmer tan was my issue. I could have played that off but my head looks like an Atomic Fireball. Tomorrow I'm actually taking a real vacation day and I'll remember to bring the sunscreen!

All in All it was a great day at the airport. Lots of action & it was great chatting with Dusty & Sporty for more than an hour!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

And today's rehersal

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

rev 5.27.10-8:30PMEST
    ---------
    Updated:Events: Wednesday May 26th,Monday May 31st, Unconfirmed

Additional Info:
    Schedule is as follows:
    Friday, May 28th
    AAM Memorial Day Weekend 2010- 9:00AM-5:00PM
    Practice Show - 10:00AM-3:00PM (Individualized performer times below)
    B-17 Yankee Lady Arrival - ETA 12:00PM
    Blue Angels Meet & Greet - 3:00PM
    †Various Media Flights - All day

Saturday, May 29th
    AAM Memorial Day Weekend 2010 - 9AM-5PM
    Blue Angels Departure for flyover- 9:00AM
    Airshow - 10:00AM to 3:00PM
    USMC MAGTF Demo - 3:00PM-5:00PM
    AAM History Under The Stars 2010 - 7:00PM-11:00PM (Invite Only)

Sunday, May 30th
    Airshow- 10:00AM to 3:00PM
    †Blue Angels Departure - Time Unknown

Monday, May 31st
    A-10 East Departure for USS Intrepid flyover - 11:00AM
    A-10 East Arrival from USS Intrepid flyover - 12:10PM
    † CF-18 Media Flight

Tuesday, June 1st
    A-10 East Departure - 8:30AM

Unconfirmed:
    † Red Bull Air Force Arrival- ETA 5/27 or 5/28
    † Julie Clark Arrival- ETA 5/27 or 5/28
    † Golden Knights Arrival- ETA 5/27 (Early Morning?)
    † Matt Chapman Arrival- ETA 5/28 (Late Afternoon?)
    † 1 USMC F-18 - ETA 5/28
    † 1 Navy F-18 - ETA 5/28
    † T-6 Texan II - ETA 5/28
    † C-17 - ETA 5/28
    † EA-6B Prowler -ETA 5/28

5/27/10
    Blue Angels arrived -9:30AM
    Practice show
    A-10 East arrived at 12PM
    CF-18 arrived- 1PM
    Matt Chapman arrived
    Julie Clark arrived
    Golden Knights arrived

If anyone has the flying times please PM me or email me at [email protected]

Click here download the arrival times and general info guide to bring with you to Republic Airport!

--------
    Thread Notes:
    Because information changes by the minute especially during airshow week it is important to check back often.

If you are just tuning in, go to page 1 and read "The 2010 Jones Beach Airshow and Republic Airport Gude"

I recently launched the site http://www.nyasinfo.com if you go to it on your computer you'll be redirected here but if you go on it on your mobile device it will redirect you to the mobile site. Another way to access the mobile site is to go to http://www.nyasinfo.com/mobile .

To follow us on twitter: Click here [http://www.twitter.com/nyasinfo]
    NOTE: I suggest you download a program such as Tweet Deck to push the twitter updates to your desktop or mobile device.Alternatively, you can text "follow nyasinfo" to 40404 and get live updates sent to your phone via SMS text message.

If you have any information on the show, performers, schedules, ect; please PM me and/or post it in this thread.
    Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on ASB.tv

Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on Nycaviation.com

You can also email me with info @ [email protected]

If you are viewing this thread on Asb.tv or Nycaviation.com you can subscribe and get email notifications about changes by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com].

Also if you want a hard copy of this thread to bring with you to the airport or show click here. You can email this thread to your friends and family by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com]
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

The arrival this morning

Great captures Fred. Was that from the Theatre Lot? Where is your favorite spot for a 14 Departure?
    I think I am going to camp for the Potential Fri 9a Departure that I heard about From Angels Ground Crew.
    But I do have to get to work so I think this will be only look at a Take off till Sunday.

And lastly the low high speed pass, it was unbelieveable!

Quote Originally Posted by Danycam
    The arrival this morning

Great captures Fred. Was that from the Theatre Lot? Where is your favorite spot for a 14 Departure?
    I think I am going to camp for the Potential Fri 9a Departure that I heard about From Angels Ground Crew.
    But I do have to get to work so I think this will be only look at a Take off till Sunday.
    The arrivals were taken righ by the fence in the Home Depot parking lot at the end of runway 14. I think it wasthe only time they landed on 14 today, the other two times that I wasthere for they used 32. I would figure on a 14 departure which is what my take off shots were. And they were taken from New Highway overthe fence between the arresting gear and the tower.

Yep, that was us! Chris S, Christina, Moose, Joe, & I. The guy inside the velvet rope was none other than (Fred) DERF.
    I sat there and watched Fred work the fence like he was the president or the pope, it was three deep and all the rest of the crowd was wispering, "That's him, that's the picture guy." I couldn't even get close enough to introduce my self to thre rest of the NYCA & ASB members.

LMFAO I am even redder then yesterday. Need to go buy tube top shirt so I don't look like a farmers wife haha
    I wish the Farmer tan was my issue. I could have played that off but my head looks like an Atomic Fireball. Tomorrow I'm actually taking a real vacation day and I'll remember to bring the sunscreen!

All in All it was a great day at the airport. Lots of action & it was great chatting with Dusty & Sporty for more than an hour![/quote]

I really can't wait to see what you look like tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065
    I sat there and watched Fred work the fence like he was the president or the pope, it was three deep and all the rest of the crowd was wispering, "That's him, that's the picture guy." I couldn't even get close enough to introduce my self to thre rest of the NYCA & ASB members.
    Just wear a really short dress. It will help :lol:

I don't have the legs for it.

That is almost exactly how that scene went.
    I actually did turn to my friend that I brought from work and said,
    "Thats must be the guy who took a lot of those photos that are on that Website I showed you."

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

I opted to see a few patients today but caught their 1400 departure as well as their 1450 arrival back to FRG today by the 56th.

Didnt see any familiar faces there today though.

Taking my kids tomorrow to the Beach on Friday. ANyone else planning to hit the beach tomorrow? If so, text me.

Moose thanks for posting that timeline. I should be there by 11am thus catching most of what you mentioned!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I don't have the legs for it.
    LOL! I am so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I opted to see a few patients today but caught their 1400 departure as well as their 1450 arrival back to FRG today by the 56th.

Didnt see any familiar faces there today though.

Taking my kids tomorrow to the Beach on Friday. ANyone else planning to hit the beach tomorrow? If so, text me.

Moose thanks for posting that timeline. I should be there by 11am thus catching most of what you mentioned!
    I'll be there with my kids at like 10ish! Probably laying out burning myself some more. Determined to be redder then Tim