Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Moose, Did you take that from the end of 32 looking towards 14? Your aerial shots of the sabre (from last year I think) were one of my favorites!

George

Actually George, it was on the 14 approach end, at the fence on Rt 110. And thanks, I love how that Saber shot turned out - pure luck, btw - I think it was from 2007.

Hello All,

I havent had a chance to planespot for quite some time but I will make it out to Farmingdale on Friday at 10. Thanks for all the tips, Especially to Fighting Falcon 51!

Wait, so those planes on the "unconfirmed" list.....do we think they will do a fly by?

Quote Originally Posted by mattymo317
    Wait, so those planes on the "unconfirmed" list.....do we think they will do a fly by?
    That is up to the pilot...usually No as they are landing after a long flight....but that is up to the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1
    .............What preparations do you go through.........
    I make sure my battery is charged, clean my optics and pray that Moose will forgive me.

I am probably going up with Paul today in his Cherry T-6!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by gettysburgerrn
    When the Blue angels come in on thursday morning, which direction will they be coming from?

ken
    They will be coming from above....look up. :lol:
    Sorry cheap sarcastic shot. Had to be taken.

Seriously though, like Moose said, it's a crap-shoot until they are on final. The best thing you can do is pick a spot, and pray. Moose thought he had it all figured out, they landed the other direction, and yet, he still got a killer shot. Just be prepared to shoot, and don't get discouraged. They are here all weekend.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Actually, if you don't plan on taking ground to air pictures parking on the side of New Highway gives you the best of both worlds. You can see them in the air and you can see them taxi!
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

As long as those Dopes from Burn Notice aren't shooting the day of their arrival, we should be good :lol:

Last year on Thunderbird arrival day, they had the entire Terminal parking lot closed for the production trailers. I said to one of the PA's, "You know what today is right?" and he said, "Yeah, we found out the hard way." :P
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Hi all,

Been following this forum the past few weeks. Just registered and this is my first post. Wondering where the CF-18 is Going to stay at FRG after its Arrival this afternoon. On the Terminal Side with Blue angels or over by Museum Hanger? Thanks for all the great info.

It will be parked near the museum. The terminal area is reserved for the Blue Angels.

Welcome to NYCA :borat:
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Hello All, I've been listening to the scanner, and hear Blue Angel #7 was by the hudson river and circling the statue of liberty for the media, then coming back to republic.

I saw the CF-18 come in today- what a cool paint job on the tail...can't wait to see the Blue angels and Co. come in tomorrow...
    Ken :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Quote Originally Posted by mattymo317
    That is up to the pilot...usually No as they are landing after a long flight....but that is up to the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1
    .............What preparations do you go through.........
    I make sure my battery is charged, clean my optics and pray that Moose will forgive me.

I am probably going up with Paul today in his Cherry T-6!!!
    Hey Fred,
    BTW, Do you have any idea yet what people from the TV news stations or other
    Media types have been selected to go up with the Blue Angels tomorrow ????
    Last year it was pretty funny when Stephen Cobert went up with the T-birds at FRG

CF-18 landing...

Sorry folks, but today while I was waiting for Blue Angel #7 with the family a car hit the lip and struck my brother and aunt and hit the car and narrowly missed me. Thankfully they are both in stable condition. Because of this information on the first page may be out of date and I probably will not be able to make it back to the airport to provide people with live updates.

I would also like to thank Fred, the photographer with the camo lens( sorry I think I forgot your name), the two off duty EMT's, and all the people who called 911. I don't know what we would have done without you guys.

I would also like to thank the Dept. of Homeland Security,SCPD, and the East Farmingdale Fire Dept. for responding quickly and getting everyone to safety.