Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    While I knew this already, TRIVA
    How does today in aviation tie in with this years airshow at Jones Beach?

Winner gets a private tour of airshow aircraft! :borat:
    Julie Clark will be flying at the Jones Beach Airshow this year and back on May 7th
    in 1964 her father was the Captain of the Pacific Airline Flight 773 that crashed!!
    As per the story below posted by Phil here on NYCAviation:

1964 – Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 crashes in San Ramon California after a suicidal passenger shoots both pilots in-flight. Francisco Gonzales, having financial and marital problems, purchased a .357 Smith & Wesson revolver and even notified friends and family that he’d be dying on May 6th or May 7th. He purchased a $105,000 insurance policy at Stockton Airport (SCK) before boarding the Fokker F-27 Friendship (N2770R) bound for Reno, Nevada. A few minutes after reaching their assigned altitude of 5,000ft, a sound is heard on the radio and the aircraft disappears from radar. The final transmission is determined by investigators to be the First Officer saying “Skipper’s shot. We’ve been shot. I was trying to help.” All 44 on the aircraft perish. The daughter of the the Captain, Julie Clark, goes on to become one of the first female airline Captains herself for Hughes Airwest and Northwest Airlines, and then going on to become an aerobatic pilot.
    WINNER!!! Please sent me your Airshow itinarary and times I should NOT call you ie. (do not call after 10PM on sat) and what days you will be by FRG. Friday evening would probably be best but Airshow weekend is very difficult to time. Oh, and no streaking or sitting on top of the Canadian F-18 and waving a 10 gallon hat like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Did you get that email I sent you the other day Fred?

I've been having issues with my mail client so I don't know who is getting what :?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    Did you get that email I sent you the other day Fred?

I've been having issues with my mail client so I don't know who is getting what :?
    can you resend info in a pm to make sure? have the list at home and can not check right now. Better to be safe -Fred
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S
    While I knew this already, TRIVA
    How does today in aviation tie in with this years airshow at Jones Beach?

Winner gets a private tour of airshow aircraft! :borat:
    Julie Clark will be flying at the Jones Beach Airshow this year and back on May 7th
    in 1964 her father was the Captain of the Pacific Airline Flight 773 that crashed!!
    As per the story below posted by Phil here on NYCAviation:

1964 – Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 crashes in San Ramon California after a suicidal passenger shoots both pilots in-flight. Francisco Gonzales, having financial and marital problems, purchased a .357 Smith & Wesson revolver and even notified friends and family that he’d be dying on May 6th or May 7th. He purchased a $105,000 insurance policy at Stockton Airport (SCK) before boarding the Fokker F-27 Friendship (N2770R) bound for Reno, Nevada. A few minutes after reaching their assigned altitude of 5,000ft, a sound is heard on the radio and the aircraft disappears from radar. The final transmission is determined by investigators to be the First Officer saying “Skipper’s shot. We’ve been shot. I was trying to help.” All 44 on the aircraft perish. The daughter of the the Captain, Julie Clark, goes on to become one of the first female airline Captains herself for Hughes Airwest and Northwest Airlines, and then going on to become an aerobatic pilot.
    WINNER!!! Please sent me your Airshow itinarary and times I should NOT call you ie. (do not call after 10PM on sat) and what days you will be by FRG. Friday evening would probably be best but Airshow weekend is very difficult to time. Oh, and no streaking or sitting on top of the Canadian F-18 and waving a 10 gallon hat like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove
    Thanks Fred !! :borat:
    I'll send you a PM with my info !!

rev 5.8.10-9:21AMEST
    ---------
    Added: Radio Simulcast: WHLI 100AM
    Added: Web Simulcast: WHLI 100AM
    --------
    Additional Info:
    --------
    Thread Notes:
    Because information changes by the minute especially during airshow week it is important to check back often.

If you are just tuning in go to page 1 and read "The 2010 Jones Beach Airshow and Republic Airport Gude"

I recently launched the site http://www.nyasinfo.com if you go to it on your computer you'll be redirected here but if you go on it on your mobile device it will redirect you to the mobile site. Another way to access the mobile site is to go to http://www.nyasinfo.com/mobile .

To follow us on twitter: Click here [http://www.twitter.com/nyasinfo]
    NOTE: I suggest you download a program such as Tweet Deck to push the twitter updates to your desktop or mobile device.

If you have any information on the show, performers, schedules, ect; please PM me and/or post it in this thread.
    Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on ASB.tv

Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on Nycaviation.com

You can also email me with info @ [email protected]

If you are viewing this thread on Asb.tv or Nycaviation.com you can subscribe and get email notifications about changes by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com].

Also if you want a hard copy of this thread to bring with you to the airport or show click here. You can email this thread to your friends and family by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com]
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Hehehe.... sorry, getting excited! :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat:

I just put in for Thur & Fri off from work. We had a nice little meet up going at the practice show last year. I hope the Blues fly Friday as they didn't a few years ago.

Just over 2 weeks away!!! :D
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Just to get everyone in the mood (not that everyone isn't already) for the show, here is my video of the last time I saw the Blues, in Florida last March.

LFvwmy8zzNU

Pete
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

The protesters strike back!

The significance of Memorial Day is to honor those who have made the supreme sacrifice in the service of their country. I find it offensive that the Bethpage FCU would host such a grotesque exhibition of military might that does nothing to memorialize the fallen and glorifies war. Honor the dead! Heal the wounded! End War!
    These people never fail.

I do respect that they have an opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    Actually, I really enjoyed the B-1 a few years back. If I remember correctly, we originally had an F-117 or B-2 that year and it got canceled last minute. Anyone else remember that?
    "I remember the B1 doing a full afterburner pass on Saturday, it was a hazy day, couldnt get a good focus on him, I looked down for a second , and the guy next to me yelled did you see that? I said what, He said the B1 blew some fuel out the back and lit it with the afterburners, that I didnt see, but I also heard he did an unauthorized climb and pissed off the local air controllers, would love to see the B1's back they kick butt, got to be the sexiest lookin beast in the inventory"

Quote Originally Posted by Larry51
    Actually, I really enjoyed the B-1 a few years back. If I remember correctly, we originally had an F-117 or B-2 that year and it got canceled last minute. Anyone else remember that?
    "I remember the B1 doing a full afterburner pass on Saturday, it was a hazy day, couldnt get a good focus on him, I looked down for a second , and the guy next to me yelled did you see that? I said what, He said the B1 blew some fuel out the back and lit it with the afterburners, that I didnt see, but I also heard he did an unauthorized climb and pissed off the local air controllers, would love to see the B1's back they kick butt, got to be the sexiest lookin beast in the inventory"
    Pretty much set off every car alarm in a 5 mile radius!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry51
    Pretty much set off every car alarm in a 5 mile radius!!!! :D
    That was the best hearing the car alarms going off as the BONE passed.

2007? It was hazy & tough light but the B1 was impressive. I caught this with my D50 & 70-300 & some pp.

:!: New Highway will be closed from 5/14-5/21 hopefully this will not cause any problems during airshow week :!:

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    :!: New Highway will be closed from 5/14-5/21 hopefully this will not cause any problems during airshow week :!:
    Well since it is next week there shouldnt be any problems. Where are they closing it from? Conklin to 109? Or from
    Sheltair to 109 along the cemetary/runway road? Hopefully the are paving the shoulders on both sides. That would
    be great.