Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ch2tdriver
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    VIP passes? what would that bring? An up close with some of the planes and pilots? :borat:
    Most likely prefered parking and a seat at the tent with lunch, way back by the boardwalk.
    Actually the seating and everything looks quite nice. The tickets are the killer. They go for $200 a pop. http://jonesbeachairshow.com/vip_tickets.html

@NLovis: You can meet most of the pilots at FRG. Last year I got to chat with the T-birds after practice.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    VIP passes? what would that bring? An up close with some of the planes and pilots? :borat:
    Most likely prefered parking and a seat at the tent with lunch, way back by the boardwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by airtoair.nl
    Hi all,

I am new here, looking forward the visit the airshow.
    Das someone know what's happened with the Redbull mig? even the website disappear.

Laurens
    The last I heard he was flying the 2010 airshow season.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

rev 5.30.10-11:09PMEST
    ---------
    Added: Performers: Static Display: Assorted Vehicles from the NY Guard
    Added: Event: Blue Angels Expected Arrival/Departure info
    Added: Media Info: 2010 Jones Beach Airshow Press Release
    Added: General Info: BFCU Facebook page
    Fixed: Text Issues
    --------
    Additional info:

The Tentative schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, May 26th
    †Blue Angel #7 Arrival - Time Unknown

Thursday, May 27th
    A-10 East Arrival - 12:00PM
    †Fat Albert Arrival - Time Unknown
    †Blue Angels Arrival - Time Unknown

Friday, May 28th
    †Practice Show - Time(s) Unknown
    AAM Memorial Day Weekend 2010- 9AM-5PM

Saturday, May 29th
    Airshow- 10AM to 3PM
    AAM History Under The Stars 2010- 7:00PM-11:00PM (Invite Only)

Sunday, May 30th
    Airshow-10AM to 3PM
    †Blue Angels Departure - Time Unknown

Monday, May 31st
    A-10 East Departure- Time Unknown

Key:
    Any event that is in italic means that the event has passed.
    Any event that is bold is an upcoming event.
    Any even that has a "†" is an expected event, and the time and date is not yet confirmed.
    All times in EST
    --------

Thread Notes:
    Because information changes by the minute especially during airshow week it is important to check back often.

If you are just tuning in please go to page 1 and read the "2010 Jones Beach Airshow and Republic Airport Guide.

I recently launched the site http://www.nyasinfo.com if you go to it on your computer you'll be redirected here but if you go on it on your mobile device it will redirect you to the mobile site. Another way to access the mobile site is to go to http://www.nyasinfo.com/mobile .

To follow us on twitter: Click here [http://www.twitter.com/nyasinfo]
    NOTE: I suggest you download a program such as Tweet Deck to push the twitter updates to your desktop or mobile device.

If you have any information on the show, performers, schedules, ect; please PM me and/or post it in this thread.
    Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on ASB.tv

Click here to PM me if you are viewing this thread on Nycaviation.com

You can also email me with questions/info @ [email protected]

If you are viewing this thread on Asb.tv or Nycaviation.com you can subscribe and get email notifications about changes by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com].

Also if you want a hard copy of this thread to bring with you to the airport or show click here. You can email this thread to your friends and family by clicking here [ASB.tv] | clicking here [NYCA.com]
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I'll be at JB Friday. Bringing my buddies HD cam and with any luck I'll stick a GoCam to the bird for the flight there.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Hey all.

I was really planning on seeing the show this year on the Saturday, but alas, that won't happen.

So my only chance at any action falls on the Saturday.

For those that have gone on the Friday practice show, do the Blues/Tbirds usually go on in the early afternoon after 1 PM?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Hey all.
    For those that have gone on the Friday practice show, do the Blues/Tbirds usually go on in the early afternoon after 1 PM?
    Except for one time a few years ago when it rained on Friday and the practice show was cancelled most of the
    performers fly at the practice show. In fact last year a few posters on this board kept writing that the TBirds
    wouldnt fly the FRiday practice show.....but they did.
    The practice show is great....no traffic, free admission and the beach empty!!! :D :D

The Blue's will fly well after 1PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51
    The Blue's will fly well after 1PM.
    Yeah usually the schedule is pretty close to the actual sat/sun schedule.

Any update on warbird action at this years show? I mean besides the AAM regulars?

I heard a rumor about a Spitfire, and a few Corsairs that will split there time between Jones and the Gathering up in BDR.

Pete
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

Pete, I think it was posted several pages back - there will be two Corsairs at the show, "Skyboss", which belongs to the AAM, as well as Tom Duffy and his Corsair, "Marine's Dream" coming in for the show. Both will fly over the beach on Saturday, then head up to Bridgeport for the Corsair gathering, returning to FRG Saturday night. They will repeat that schedule on Sunday.

The rumors about a Spitfire are a little off the mark - there will be a Spitfire at the AAM over Labor Day weekend, celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, it will not be here for the Memorial Day show.

Any update on warbird action at this years show? I mean besides the AAM regulars?

I heard a rumor about a Spitfire, and a few Corsairs that will split there time between Jones and the Gathering up in BDR.

Pete
    The Yankee Air Museum will be providing the B-17 Yankee Lady.

While I knew this already, TRIVA
    How does today in aviation tie in with this years airshow at Jones Beach?

Winner gets a private tour of airshow aircraft! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf

I know, I know, I know!!!!

YOUR NOT ALLOWED! lol

You were right and you can come too!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Julie Clark will be flying at the Jones Beach Airshow this year and back on May 7th
    in 1964 her father was the Captain of the Pacific Airline Flight 773 that crashed!!
    As per the story below posted by Phil here on NYCAviation:

1964 – Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 crashes in San Ramon California after a suicidal passenger shoots both pilots in-flight. Francisco Gonzales, having financial and marital problems, purchased a .357 Smith & Wesson revolver and even notified friends and family that he’d be dying on May 6th or May 7th. He purchased a $105,000 insurance policy at Stockton Airport (SCK) before boarding the Fokker F-27 Friendship (N2770R) bound for Reno, Nevada. A few minutes after reaching their assigned altitude of 5,000ft, a sound is heard on the radio and the aircraft disappears from radar. The final transmission is determined by investigators to be the First Officer saying “Skipper’s shot. We’ve been shot. I was trying to help.” All 44 on the aircraft perish. The daughter of the the Captain, Julie Clark, goes on to become one of the first female airline Captains herself for Hughes Airwest and Northwest Airlines, and then going on to become an aerobatic pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S

Julie Clark will be flying at the Jones Beach Airshow this year and back on May 7th
    in 1964 her father was the Captain of the Pacific Airline Flight 773 that crashed!!
    As per the story below posted by Phil here on NYCAviation:

1964 – Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 crashes in San Ramon California after a suicidal passenger shoots both pilots in-flight. Francisco Gonzales, having financial and marital problems, purchased a .357 Smith & Wesson revolver and even notified friends and family that he’d be dying on May 6th or May 7th. He purchased a $105,000 insurance policy at Stockton Airport (SCK) before boarding the Fokker F-27 Friendship (N2770R) bound for Reno, Nevada. A few minutes after reaching their assigned altitude of 5,000ft, a sound is heard on the radio and the aircraft disappears from radar. The final transmission is determined by investigators to be the First Officer saying “Skipper’s shot. We’ve been shot. I was trying to help.” All 44 on the aircraft perish. The daughter of the the Captain, Julie Clark, goes on to become one of the first female airline Captains herself for Hughes Airwest and Northwest Airlines, and then going on to become an aerobatic pilot.

Damn customers I was just about to type this same answer. :evil: