Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Re: Jones Beach Airshow 2010

Back on topic, can't wait to hear some fighters!!!

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Me either! I'm waiting for an official announcement about the 106th. Can't wait to see you guys.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I agree! :borat:

Im looking forward to it as well :mrgreen: :borat: :D

ken

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

can't agree there. rotors yes, for some real fighters i'll go watch the unlimited class at reno. what i can't wait for is the arrival of Team Oracle. this year they should e bringing along an all new airplane with them, bigger prop and possibly a bigger engine. should make for an interesting afternoon IMO!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Fighters will always be my first love. I can't get into any of those stunt planes.

Fighters will always be my first love. I can't get into any of those stunt planes.
    While I can understand the statement and why, I disagree

I LOVE IT ALL! :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i know what you mean. i like fighters with a fan on the front, and the F-15. aside from that no big whoop. what sean does with that little red pitts is nothing short of amazing!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i know what you mean. i like fighters with a fan on the front, and the F-15. aside from that no big whoop. what sean does with that little red pitts is nothing short of amazing!
    dude F-22 Raptor. That thing is sick. Yea Sean is amazing

Theres something there for all of us! Sweet, huh?

NLovis

Theres something there for all of us! Sweet, huh?
    There is always something for all at this air show. Just wish the warbirds were there this year. Havent seen them in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Just wish the warbirds were there this year. Havent seen them in a very long time.
    There are going to be lots of warbirds at the show - the Airpower Museum has a whole hangar full that will be in the show - P-40, P-47, Corsair, TBM Avenger, C-47, B-25, L-39. There is also going to be a B-17, a second Corsair, a few T-6s, a Mustang or two...is that enough warbirds for you?

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by NLovis
    Just wish the warbirds were there this year. Havent seen them in a very long time.
    There are going to be lots of warbirds at the show - the Airpower Museum has a whole hangar full that will be in the show - P-40, P-47, Corsair, TBM Avenger, C-47, B-25, L-39. There is also going to be a B-17, a second Corsair, a few T-6s, a Mustang or two...is that enough warbirds for you?
    Now thats what i'm talking about :borat:

Out of everything, something about the A-10 landing at FRG just gives me chills. So much has changed, and yet the plane back on the same runway it made its first flight from is really cool. Heck, the company who built it is no longer around.

while I love the old War Birds, nothing is as cool as the roar from a jet, or the delayed roar if its going fast enough! For me the highlight of my plane spotting career was the F-14 at FRG a few years back.

BTW, my comments about the photo op were simply a combination of me being jealous and my sheer amazement. I do not have 1/100th of the photo taking skill that you all do, but the opportunity to just be with, around, in, these planes in such a calm quiet environment is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55
    BTW, my comments about the photo op were simply a combination of me being jealous and my sheer amazement......
    Thank you for the above comments... nice to know your one of us! It really did mean allot to me! Hope to see you at the show! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".