Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive TSA Security Breach As Agency Gives Away Its Secrets

Re: Massive TSA Security Breach As Agency Gives Away Its Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    This is like the opposing football team getting ahold of your play book, however the opposing football team doesn't want to kill all your players.
    Many thanks, Tommy...I borrowed your quote for our Twitterfied appearance on CNN this afternoon. :-)

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FaisalNahian
    Congrats!!! Just saw NYCAviation's TSA tweet on CNN @Rick Sanchez NewsRoom! bXl8-auGyCM

Glad they took T-Birds post and not mine. :shock:
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Latest TSA Statement:
    The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recognizes an outdated, unclassified version of a Standard Operating Procedures document was improperly posted by the agency to the Federal Business Opportunities Web site wherein redacted information was not properly protected.?? Once we were made aware, it was immediately taken down from the Web site and a full review by TSA’s Office of Inspection was initiated.

This version of the document was not the everyday screening manual used by Transportation Security Officers at airport checkpoints. As TSA is constantly adapting to address evolving threats, there have been six newer versions of the procedures since the version posted was approved.

Thorough post-incident analysis has determined that our systems are secure and that screening protocols have not been compromised. TSA is confident that screening procedures in place remain strong and the many layers of security keep the traveling public safe.

TSA takes full responsibility for this improper posting and all individuals who may have been involved have been placed on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the review.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Congrats!!! Just saw NYCAviation's TSA tweet on CNN @Rick Sanchez NewsRoom! bXl8-auGyCM

Why do I have a feeling you just put me on some "watch list." I'm going through LGA next week..I feel a strip search might be coming, LOLOL ;)

That was pretty awesome!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Why do I have a feeling you just put me on some "watch list." I'm going through LGA next week..I feel a strip search might be coming, LOLOL ;)
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it iffin the dude's got cold hands. :lol:
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Nah, don't worry Tommy.

I was sitting int he office today and got an email from CNN saying they wanted a comment form us about it. Tommy had the best line and Matt posted it up. Good times!

Tommy's quite the wordsmith.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway

That was pretty awesome!
    They changed the SOP, we can't just put any ol' name on the list anymore. Here I post that part below....

NOT :P
    Ronald Reagan

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

This is like the opposing football team getting ahold of your play book, however the opposing football team doesn't want to kill all your players.

What is truly, truly disturbing about the situation is this:

Besides tight ends, what the heck does Tommy know about football???!!!! What orifice did you whip that comment out of?!

Hutt hutt, Hike!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Besides tight ends, what the heck does Tommy know about football???!!!! What orifice did you whip that comment out of?!
    Good point. Maybe he stole it from America's favorite football fan, Rush Limbaugh? :twisted:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Watchin' EWR from somewhere in the 40.66 x -74.26 range...

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Good point. Maybe he stole it from America's favorite football fan, Rush Limbaugh? :twisted:
    Maybe we all get lucky in America, and Rush Limbaugh gets sacked in the 4th Quarter like Jimmy Hoffa. :twisted:

As for the leak. The TSA screwed up, media did their job. As an American I'd rather know when my government has marked another epic fail to the board. Besides...I'm sure that like any of our other government security agencies in the alphabet soup, there are just as many even more sensitive procedures that aren't on paper, and that we'll never know about.

And chances are if someone did uncover any of those more covert proceedures..they'd be made to disappear anyway.
    Cheers,
    Matt, W2MJR

Rookie Planespotter/Veteran Railfan
    "The movie should have been called Planes, Trains, & More Planes and Trains! Danged stupid automobiles!" -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Planesntrains
    And chances are if someone did uncover any of those more covert proceedures..they'd be made to disappear anyway.
    Well at least five will be disappearing... :shock:
    Ronald Reagan

The SOP contains no technical information that can not be obtained by other sources in greater detail. Example: The procedure for calibrating the walk through metal detector can be found in a Department of Justice hosted document. The DOJ hosted document also includes technical drawings on the workings of the metal detector and technical drawings for creating test objects.

The ID facsimiles the Senators and Congressmen are worried about are very poor copies that would be useless to anyone attempting to forge the documents. The release of the pictures of the IDs in so more dangerous than the big book of IDs published by every tobacco and alcohol regulating department.
    Ronald Reagan