Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Maarten Planespotting (MANY MANY PHOTOS!)

St Maarten Planespotting (MANY MANY PHOTOS!)

Greeting New York Earthlings! Just thought I would say hello from spotter's paradise on Earth. Landed this afternoon from EWR at 12:56, was on the beach, with camera at 13:21. No lie. No checked baggage, so I was through customs and immigration in less than 5 minutes, and off to the rental car... Shot about 400 today alone. Have about 20 GB of memory with me. Should last me through Friday. Will post on Sat, 5 December evening when I return. Today, there were 5 takeoffs toward the beach, the aircraft climbing toward me, with the mountains in the background. Sweet, as this doesn't occur much around here. Also, of note, Rwy 9-27 has been re-named 10-28. hmmmmm.... the painters must get bored... Stay tuned for photo posts next week. Ciao!

Roman
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

Re: St Maarten Planespotting

Have a great trip Roman and looking foward to your shots

Thanks! I must add, since the winds were so fierce this morning in the NY area, we took off from 29 at EWR. Cool!
    ...."most guys dig narrow bodies with large bumps and round tails that have a floral fragrance. others dig wide bodies with large bumps and wide tails that have that Jet-A scent. Me? I dig planes..."

2 days, one 4GB memory card full. on to the second one tomorrow. 2 747's came in today. KLM and Corsair. Nice. you actually felt wake turbulence when they passed over. tomorrow will be relatively quiet, as Mondays are here. AA, DAL, and US - mostly 757's, although DAL brought in a 737-700 today.

Will look forward to your shots. US actually brought in an A-319 (N750UW) after dark Saturday evening to replace a broken 757. Looks like all 3 US 757's where wingletted ETOPS birds Sunday.

If you are not aware currently US runs 1 757 Mon-Fri, 4 on Sat, and 3 on Sundays.

Have a fun, it's a great place.

Cheers

LGA777

Re: St Maarten Planespotting (MANY MANY PHOTOS!)

ok. here is a start... just got in an hour ago... some familiar perspectives, some new ones.. enjoy!

more to come as i upload....

Great shots, I like the variation in angles! I'll be heading down to St. Marteen for two days in about a months time, can't wait. :)

let me know if you need any tips while you are out there... the whole different angle thing was what i was aiming for this time around. you cannot just shoot towards the hotels every time...

a few more that made the cut....

night time at SXM

Absolutely STUNNING shots Roman!!

Im totaly jealous dude!! those are some awesome shots.. It must be awesome taking shots of some bikini while spotting :lol: :borat:
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Super shots, Roman! Really good work. I love those last two A330 shots, with the reversers deployed with the nose wheel still up in the air!

Thanks for the too kind words, guys! Really appreciate it! This has become my yearly pilgrimage now... A MUST for anyone into planes, beaches, bikinis, planes, planes, planes....! COA from EWR or AAL and JBU from JFK. non stop. no excuses!

and on that note.... a few more....

great fuselage!

Serg this one's for you. Delta and a bikini!

this is what we see from the plane on approach...

just how many people DO they let in the flight deck?? unreal!

Damn damn damn. Fantastic shots, Roman!

I litteraly have no words for your captures. None. You have captured for various reasons perhaps the most ultimate series of photographs in SXM or elsewhere that I have ever seen in my life. Hands down bar none. Ten million stars. Well done sir.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"