Thread: Aviation Employment Search...

Aviation Employment Search...

Hey guys,
    I know that Im more of a lurker than a poster on here, but I figured Id put this out there and see what comes of it... Currently I am an A&P mechanic and student pilot up in Orange County, NY with both G.A. and Corporate line service and aircraft maintenance experience (everything from Cessna 150's to Boeing 737's and Gulfstreams...). I have applied for line service/maintenance/csr jobs at SWF, POU, DXR, and HPN with no success (no joke, every place has called me back informing me that with my experience they would love to hire me but are on a company-wide hiring freeze). Does anyone on here know of anyone within lets say a 50mi radius of KSWF who might be hiring for a well credentialed A&P looking for some supplemental P/T work? Its a little embarrassing asking on such a public forum, but I dont doubt that we are all feeling the economic crunch these days... Thanks in advance! :)
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Aviation Employment Search...

Would you consider traveling? That area is going to be tough. You may have to relocate or get something out of the indusrty until the airfields near you begin to hire again.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Im lucky enough to currently be employed by a make-specific maintenance facility, but with the economy the way it is, Im looking to supplement and surprisingly Ive even applied at FedEx, Home Depot, Borders, Etc and it seems like nobody is looking for any type of help these days
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

Delta did have a Line Maintenance position open at JFK a while ago, but I'm not sure if it's still open...
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

US and JetBlue have MX availabilities. US's listings are for PHl and PHX though.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

You should checkout www.jetcareers.com Their forums are filled with people you'd want to network with.