Thread: Any Concorde Passengers Here?

Any Concorde Passengers Here?

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever flown on a Concorde. If so, on which aircraft? I also had the pleasure to sit twice in the captains' seat, once back in '79 at the BA Terminal and once at the Intrepid Concorde.

Re: Any Concorde Passengers Here?

I flew on an AF Concorde in August 2001 from CDG-JFK.

I thought it would be much more impressive, but you had to look out of the window to actually see how fast you were flying.

Anne and I flew on a BA Concorde in Sept. 1989 to LHR and return. Interesting flight. Spent most of the time in the cockpit as it was open during flight, and on the return flight we had an engine failure which made for a few very exciting moments. All in all, a great flight. It's wonderful walking down the corridor at Heathrow and seeing a group boarding a 747 that will take off more than an hour before you and you will still beat them to JFK. Wish she was still flying.

Art

I flew on G-BOAD 21 Oct 2003 LHR - JFK.

Best and happiest experience of my life.

After take off there was no sensation of speed, As we broke the sound barrier we did not feel a thing, as we cruised a mach 2, we did not feel a thing.

Only things which told us how fast and high we where going where the speedo displays at the end of the cabin.

On 20 Oct 2003 i sat inside G-BOAF at Concorde hangers at LHR, sat inside all 3 pilots chairs + 2 passenger chairs.

On 30 Oct 2003 i sat in a passanger seat inside G-BOAC as she was moved from the Concorde hangers at LHR to the parking area outside the hangers.

In G-BOAC also sat in Captain and Co pilots seat before she was moved out of the hangers.

My flight was also the highlight of my life although my flight was a short sub-sonic flight between DFW-IAD operated by Braniff but actually was a British aircraft, G-BOAB. I regret I never flew supersonically, but at those prices I could hardly afford it on a teacher's salary. The sub-sonic flight was only $350. i still had the thrill of the take-off as well as the landing.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Yep.

ba 001 04/08/03
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187