Thread: Deadly Shooting at Bayswater

Police Shooting At Bayswater

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _park.html

Last I heard two were dead. One report was it happened IN Bayswater while this article only mentions one shot at
    Beach 32st after chase.

Deadly Shooting at Bayswater

ROCKAWAYS (WABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect in Rockaway, Queens late Saturday night.

Investigators said four plainclothes officers in an unmarked vehicle observed three young men exiting Bays Water Park after-hours.

As the officers exited their vehicle to question them, one of the three fled the scene on foot. One of the officers chased after him on foot, while two other officers followed in their vehicle.

The fourth officer detained the other two at the scene of the stop.

Police said between Far Rockaway Boulevard and Beach Channel Drive, the suspect turned with a loaded 9mm semiautomatic pistol in his hand and pointed it in the direction of the officers Despite repeated orders for him to drop the weapon, police said the suspect refused and he was shot in the torso and legs.

The suspect was taken to Jamaica Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. He was later identified as Dashawn Vasconcellos, 18, of Queens.

Police said defaced, loaded Bryco semi-automatic 9mm firearm was recovered at the scene.

The investigation was continuing.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Re: Deadly Shooting at Bayswater

Al Sharpton must be gearing up for some pressers.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Police Shooting At Bayswater

That's not a great area, I'm sure that park is used for a great many things after hours. Good to see the cops cracking down on these thugs.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Police Shooting At Bayswater

more here: http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/dea...er-t17564.html

i never understood why anyone would ever think they can out-shoot a cop, any cop for that matter.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Al will no doubt pull his deck of race cards out for this one. Anytime a blackman is shot innocent or not. Here come the trumpets, candles, and crys of agony and how the kid was a good little boy. And to add to that it is not about race but when the cops drop a non black person he never even leaves the office. This gun stuff in NY is getting out of control. It is like the early 90's late 80's again all over again.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Big shock...Bryco Jennings involved in street crime. That company made their money by making guns to be on the streets. Idiots.

Hopefully this won't affect spotting there at all.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Bayswater Park, a city park is at Beach 32 st and Beach channel Dr., Where we spot is Bayswater Point State Park, at the end of Mott Ave.
    Some distance between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by fdx924
    Bayswater Park, a city park is at Beach 32 st and Beach channel Dr., Where we spot is Bayswater Point State Park, at the end of Mott Ave.
    Some distance between the two.
    Good clarification. I was thinking thats a helluva run from Bayswater to B32st.

The Savage was hit 11 times....... I wonder how many rounds were actually fired.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic
    The Savage was hit 11 times....... I wonder how many rounds were actually fired.
    Considering PD was carrying 16 round 9mm, it could be a lot.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

14 shots from what I hear.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    14 shots from what I hear.
    I checked and yep 14 shots fired, 11 hit their target. about 7 per officer, not bad.

I love the comments from the mom. She knew he had the gun.
    Ronald Reagan

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    I checked and yep 14 shots fired, 11 hit their target. about 7 per officer, not bad.
    not bad at all, considering it was at night. it was probably the last 3 rounds they fired that missed.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.