Thread: BWI 11/16/09-11/17/09

BWI 11/16/09-11/17/09

Went down to BWI for two days to try to get some AirTran NFL 717s. Since the light is only good for about 5 hours a day, I decided to stay overnight as the 5 hour round-trip drive is a bit much for that little shooting. I saw all of ZERO AirTran NFL schemes on the first day (about 25 regular color 717s), and then the next day, I saw another 20 regular color 717s before finally getting Ravens 1. Besides a few special WN colors I already have, and an Egyptian Air Force C-130, there wasn't much of anything going on. Ironically, the two big WN specials I still don't have (Slam Dunk and Illinois One) both went to PHL, which is a lot closer to home. I'll just post 2 pics for now:

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Re: BWI 11/16/09-11/17/09

Very nice!

Out of curiosity, whereabouts did you take the 717 shot? Doesn't look like the spotting park on the east side...
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

Hussman75, there is an industrial park right before rwy 10. Cary, was this off New Ridge road?

Quote Originally Posted by JBoulin94
    Hussman75, there is an industrial park right before rwy 10. Cary, was this off New Ridge road?
    Yeah, I didn't really feel comfortable there (especially on a weekday), so I went back to Friendship to see departures.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Gotcha... I could see why it would make you less than comfortable! Still, seems like a good spot to grab a few quick frames every so often...
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black