Thread: "I can do whatever I want" Newark Police vs. CBS...

"I can do whatever I want" Newark Police vs. CBS...

Why am I not surprised this happened in Newark.

Interesting.... wonder what will come of it... if anything..

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Re: "I can do whatever I want" Newark Police vs. CBS...

Wow....nice of that cop to tarnish the rest of the Police community. Can you imagine if he was at an airport when that cop was around.... He would have pulled out the rubber gloves!!! :borat:

I would love to see the outcome of this..but I am sure it will be swept under the rug.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

They keep referencing a "choke hold" It looks like the officer was just holding the cameraman around his chest and close to his neck. It doesn't look like the cameraman is in distress. Did anyone happen to catch the nake of the witness being interviewed at 1:12? Some things never cease to amaze me. Oh, and where is reverend Al the people's pal? This is a clear case of police misconduct/abuse.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

This officer, if he even deserves to be called that...pig def works in this case should be booted from the force and charges should be filed against him. He violated this person's civil rights by stopping the freedom of the press and unjustly detaining the individual. Trained guard dogs have more going for them then this guy does. However the old saying rings true…you get what you pay for. If you are going to continue to require no 4 year college degree to become a police officer and then pay them squat…this is what you’re going to get.

This actually happened over a year ago, it's in the news again because the cameraman recently filed a lawsuit against the officer and the city of Newark.

The officer was suspended but not fired, and apparently is still on the job.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9