Thread: 6th Anniversary of Concorde G-BOAD's last flight

6th Anniversary of Concorde G-BOAD's last flight

Today - 10 Nov 2009 -

Is the 6th Anniversary G-BOAD's last flight.

I was at Heathrow with a few others to witness the last ever take off.

When i got home I wrote a report about it all
    :-
    http://concorde35mm.110mb.com/page20.html

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: 6th Anniversary of Concorde G-BOAD's last flight

Awesome! love the movin' graphics.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

it's also the 6th anniversary of me selling my bronco, the day after AD's departure from JFK. i miss that truck...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Be glad it was not the Eddie Bower edition, you would be even more upset!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Be glad it was not the Eddie Bower edition, you would be even more upset!
    it was... =(
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Email me anytime at [email protected].

How could I forget this date? I was out by Rwy 31R with a small group to witness the final landing. However, security guards and blue vinyl covering the fence ruined my view so I had a miserable time. Security guards even hassled JFK personnel with security badges. This problem was all because one guy decided to climb the fence to get a better view of the historic landing.

Thanks for your kind words i appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    How could I forget this date? I was out by Rwy 31R with a small group to witness the final landing. However, security guards and blue vinyl covering the fence ruined my view so I had a miserable time. Security guards even hassled JFK personnel with security badges. This problem was all because one guy decided to climb the fence to get a better view of the historic landing.
    Can i add this to my report of G-BOADs last landing and do you have any more memories of the event i can use in the report ?

security guards and blue vinyl covering the fence ruined my view so I had a miserable time. Security guards even hassled JFK personnel with security badges. This problem was all because one guy decided to climb the fence to get a better view of the historic landing.
    That was very mean of them, at Heathrow during her last 6 weeks they put white vinyl covering on the fence outside the Concorde hangers to stop people from looking.

Of course you could use it in your report. I wish I had more information for you. I believe G-BOAD's final flight number was BA9093C. I forgot which hangar at JFK she was towed to get disassembled and when she left on the barge for the Intrepid. I will try to find out for you. You must be aware that G-BOAD was the only Concorde to bear 2 liveries simultaneously: British on 1 side and Singapore Airlines on the other. I will never forget back in 1979 when I saw her land and saw a Concorde bearing a strange livery. There was no internet back then to find-out what the livery was. G-BOAD also flew over Buckingham Palace during the Queen's Golden Jubilee. Cheers!

Of course you could use it in your report.
    Thank you :)

I wish I had more information for you.I believe G-BOAD's final flight number was BA9093C.
    No worries :), the info you provided adds to what happened to G-BOAD at JFK :).

I forgot which hangar at JFK she was towed to get disassembled and when she left on the barge for the Intrepid. I will try to find out for you.
    I would appreciate this. :)

At JFK do BA have any dedicated hangers, if they do where are they roughly as i need to update the animation of G-BOAD landing at JFK and taxiing to the hangers after the passenegers where taken off.

You must be aware that G-BOAD was the only Concorde to bear 2 liveries simultaneously: British on 1 side and Singapore Airlines on the other.
    In 1978 I was 10 years old and i remember seeing a Concorde at Heathrow with Singapoor airlines on it, she looked very very smart. But I could not take any photos of her as at the time my parents thought as a 10 year old I was to young to own and look after my dad's very expensive camera.

So from 1976 - 1987 although i went to Heathrow to see Concorde countless times with my father, i never took any photos of her on my own.

Dad lent me his camera once but he was standing close to me, we saw Concorde as very small triangle in the sky and by time she landed she was miles away and still tiny so we didn't get any good photos of her.

Looking back from 1976 to 1987 I lost a lot of great years of taking photos of Concorde, but at the time i was a kid, Mum and dad had more important things to worry about than buying me a camera to chase Concorde with.

From 1976 to 1999 Heathrow was an extremely nice place, it was not like the prison camp (which many parts of it feel like now). During those years Heathrow security and police where not as bad as they became from 2000 onwards.

If you liked Concorde adults allowed to you to stand in safe place and see her. You try doing that now and Heathrow Police and security will act like Hitlers and nail you for no valid reason.

Now they've knocked down Terminal 2 and closed Heathrow visitor center near runway 27R there's no place at Heathrow where you can legally plane spot.

Since 9/11 I imagine security has to be tight at airports to stop those evil terrorists, but denying plane spotters to simply watch planes from a safe place inside the airport is wrong.

If you tried doing that to Americans who like David Beckham and UK football people would not be happy.

But Heathrow Police and security don't care what people plane spotters think, they use their iron fists as and when they feel like it and thats wrong.

We do not live in Iraq, we live in the land of free speech and democracy.

Back to the point I didn't get my first camera until 1987-88 when i was 19-20 years old and that camera was a Canon AE1P SLR which had big zoom lenses, so with that i got a lot of good blue tail Concorde photos.

However the internet and e-mail (as we know it now) never existed so i never had any contact with any fellow Concorde chasers. It was just me, my camera and BA's time table telling me roughly when she would take off and land.

If from 1987-2000 the internet had been around (as it is now), i know i would have got better photos as fellow Concorde chasers could have told me good places to take photos of her from such as Hatton Cross tube station which is just out side LHR.

But thats life.

G-BOAD also flew over Buckingham Palace during the Queen's Golden Jubilee. Cheers!
    I really really wanted to go there and see G-BOAD but by the time we got to central london the police had closed off all tube stations near Buckingham Palace so it was impossible to get to a place to see G-BOAD, so in the end we went home.