Thread: Up in the Air (A new movie featuring American)

Up in the Air (A new movie featuring American)

I'm not sure if anyone has seen trailers for this new movie but American has been promoting it heavily both at their major airports and on-board their flights.

It looks like a chick flick type of movie but just from the trailer there are scenes and lines that I and I'm sure others who travel as much as I do for work can easily relate to (watching this trailer I swear this movie is about me). Just from the trailer it appears they captured the subculture and lifestyle of the road warrior very accurately. While most people I know think constant travel is this exciting dashing lifestyle, I can tell you do sacrifice a great deal in your life for your career and job.

Take me for example, for 2009 I've spent 64 days, over two months of my life in hotels, I've rented 42 cars, flown over 100,000 miles, and know the names of the entire AA staff at MKE and most of AA's gate agents at LGA and they know me. I've given up a lot over the last few years...is it worth it, I think so but I'll let you form your own opinion. Its an interesting lifestyle and I'm glad they made a movie about it.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Up in the Air (A new movie featuring American)

I will prob get it once it gets to BLu Ray.

You are right though. I like to travel and sure, it seems like when I talk to Tom, he's off again to new lands. But there is total truth in "the grass is always greener on the other side."
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Arpey referred to it as starring Clooney and co-staring AA. The trailers they showed us last month made it look interesting. I wonder if this is what all the filming last summer in the terminal was for. Many of the AA staff in the movie are really AA staff as extras BTW.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

I was in STL when they were taping as well. They used the C and D concourses in STL for tapings, and the Main Terminal Security Lanes in STL as well.

:55-1:00 is the security lane in STL in Main Terminal, and I think around 1:24 or so is him walking in the C Concourse at STL as well.

Very exciting and I can relate to it in OTHER areas as well. One of the characters is Alex LOL

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I would go see it if Zach Galifianakis played George Clooney's part.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

BTW, you might also like Walter Kirn's novel "Airworld."