I have heard both rumors mentioned from friends in several departments at US in multiple stations that US may change the structure of the Shuttle product at some point near future along with all of the other changes coming to the Northeast region for USAirways. I don't think RAH using 175's on the shuttle is as viable as the remaining 190 fleet going to the shuttle. Considering the eventual 190 fleet size it would make sense. I dont have a USAPA manual (obviously) so I don't know what the rules are on it but considering the way the Shuttle functions the 190 would probably be a good fit in the same way at one point the 727 became "shuttlecentric" after the Trump merger for USAirways. perhaps friends still with US more intimate with what going on on the old farm could lend their wisdom though.

I would also like to add that the 190 when you think about it would lend to less empty seats on the shuttle and perhaps more profit considering the pay scale for the A319 is higher than that of the 190 which means that a full 190 with the Shuttle premium rates (walk up's etc) would lend to covering cost better. When I was working US Shuttle on the ground and in the cab the average load was somthing around 95 to 105 generally and during off peak times anyplace from 25 to 60. The late evening flights seemed to be the ones that were fullest back down to DCA and up to BOS.