Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Staaaaaaaart spreeeadin' The News...... Yanks are in !

Re: Staaaaaaaart spreeeadin' The News...... Yanks are in !

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Interesting detail about the Yankees commute to PHL. It didnt involve wings. They had a specially chartered AMTRAK train from NY down to Philly. I wonder if any of our train spotters here were aware of that movement.
    The Phillies did the same thing when they came in. I guess this is a "green" WS.

Yea, it makes no sense to fly from NYC to Philly.. I think usually teams just take charter buses back and forth, but to hear they took Amtrak is pretty cool!

I had to fortune of getting some good tickets for "cheap" to the game tonight. What a great game, even with the rain! For everyone that blasted the Yankee fans that left Game 1 before the end, Philly fans weren't much better. After Matsui's HR fans were fleeing for the exits...

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Yea, it makes no sense to fly from NYC to Philly.. I think usually teams just take charter buses back and forth, but to hear they took Amtrak is pretty cool!

I had to fortune of getting some good tickets for "cheap" to the game tonight. What a great game, even with the rain! For everyone that blasted the Yankee fans that left Game 1 before the end, Philly fans weren't much better. After Matsui's HR fans were fleeing for the exits...
    You really cant blame people for leaving both games when the scores are the way they were. Both nights were rainy, cool and late
    hours. And Wed. being a week night maybe people had to get up and go to work the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    And Wed. being a week night maybe people had to get up and go to work the next day.
    Yeah right, as if working folks could afford to go to a Yankees game. :mrgreen:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

You know, the majority of people that left last (Saturday Gm3) night were in the upper deck where the "true" fans are supposed to sit... I give the Philly fans that stayed a lot of props, especially since Yankee fans started to overpower the Philly crowd.. Either way, I don't think anyone can trash talk too much. Fact is that when you're down 3, 4, or 5 runs going into the 8th/9th fans are going to leave; regardless of what city you're in.

What a game tonight though; this is what postseason baseball is all about! I think the Yankees showed why they are the best team in baseball; not just with their bats but with heads up plays both offensively and defensively (namely Damon's ruthless at-bat and subsequent "double-steal" in the 9th)... Regardless of who you are, you gotta tip your cap to the Yankees.

. Fact is that when you're down 3, 4, or 5 runs going into the 8th/9th fans are going to leave; regardless of what city you're in.

Or any of the 4 major sports. If there is a blowout, bye bye.
    I hope they wrap it up tonite. I need a good nights sleep. :)

Yankees win the World Series against Phillies!!

Pretty exciting night I was watch the Yankees win the 27th World series against the Phillies 7-3. It was a great game. Yankees parade is likely to be on Friday.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Great series! The two best teams made it to the World Series, and I'm glad the Yankees came out on top and brought the Championship back to NY!

Phillies are a good team - they had some bad breaks, coupled with some slumping hitters and stupid plays. The Yankees outplayed them and were just smarter overall. Even with their current lineup I think the Phillies are already the NL favorites for next year.

Living in Philly and having to put up with the Philly media and fans for the past couple of weeks has made this win even better. A lot of these fans are more obnoxious than Mets fans and seem to be living in their own "Phillies are the greatest team in the world" bubble. It was so nice to hear the streets so quiet last night!

I wish I didn't have a sim tomorrow or I'd be at the parade!

>I wish I didn't have a sim tomorrow or I'd be at the parade![/quote]

Love to go but work calls :) plus I left early today due to Yankee Exhaustion :) (4 hours sleep last night).
    And unless you get there early tomorrow its gonna be a ZOOOOOOOOO!!!! Being a Friday a helluva lot of people
    will be calling out with Yankee Flu!!!!!
    WOW that was so great last night!!!!