Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staaaaaaaart spreeeadin' The News...... Yanks are in !

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Staaaaaaaart spreeeadin' The News...... Yanks are in !

Im not a huge fan of baseball or of any team in general.

That said, I find that the Yankees are certainly a more theatrical team. Lets face it, how many times do you have the nail biters, down by a few points only to win?

I will usually root for the NY team regardless. And yes Phil, you are so dead on, its usally the fans that ruin it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

>That said, I find that the Yankees are certainly a more theatrical team. Lets face it, how many times do you have the nail biters, down by a few points only to win? <

Hehehe "runs" not "points" :)

This song is becoming HUGE on the airwaves. Z100 Elvis Duran wrote it. Its a remix on one of the more popular hip hop songs out right now. Im not a hip hop fan but its ok.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzM9oy4utzI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzM9oy4utzI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    This song is becoming HUGE on the airwaves. Z100 Elvis Duran wrote it. Its a remix on one of the more popular hip hop songs out right now. Im not a hip hop fan but its ok.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzM9oy4utzI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzM9oy4utzI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    What the..........????? :lol:
    I believe it is a remix of the Jay Z song which he actually had them stop playing then I guess they worked out an agreement.
    And Jay Z and AlicIA Key will be performing it before the 1st game tomorrow night.

Iif anyone is going get there early.
    FLOTUS and VP FLOTUS (??) will be attending
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... _yank.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    SLOTUS (Second Lady)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    SLOTUS (Second Lady)
    Sounds dirty!! :x

BTW supposed to be an F-18 Flyby tonite but not sure with the clouds. At 6PM the ENG ships were all working over
    the Stadium so maybe.

BTW supposed to be an F-18 Flyby tonite but not sure with the clouds. At 6PM the ENG ships were all working over
    the Stadium so maybe.
    That just means it'll be nice and low. :borat:

Though, how about the flyby in my avatar? That'd be a sight to see again.

I hear the 3-ship F/A-18F Flyover by the VFA-11 Red Rippers from Oceana has been
    rescheduled for tonight instead so keep an eye out for them over by LGA today.

Have been informed the F/A-18's will be landing at LGA after the flyover, so I assume depart mid afternoon Friday, that is the usual deal !

Regards

LGA777

Got a better than expected view of the flyover from our Ramp Tower at LGA, ended up being 2 not 3 FA-18's. Did not make the comon formation landing, perhaps due to darkness, landed about 60 seconds apart on 22.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    What the..........????? :lol:
    I believe it is a remix of the Jay Z song which he actually had them stop playing then I guess they worked out an agreement.
    And Jay Z and AlicIA Key will be performing it before the 1st game tomorrow night.
    Wow pretty hot performance. The song is kinda getting "played" too much but this sounded great. And I love that JayZ
    uses a LIVE BAND as opposed to pre-recorded tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    I am not surprised to see the Met fans root againsts the Yankees. Truth is the Mets will probably never win another world series and it has to be tough to be the 2nd team in NY. In fact their win in 86' was mostly facilitated by a horrible error by Bill Bruckner. It's ok because the Mets are simply not closers. They can't close the deal.
    Hey Nick, I'm gonna have to correct you on that one. Consider the following three points.

People want to remember the Bill Buckner play, but the fact is that the Mets lost game 2 - due entirely to an infield error. Score 1-0
    From Wiki...

" In the opener, Boston's Bruce Hurst dazzled the New Yorkers with his looping curve and forkball, allowing only four hits over eight innings. New York's Ron Darling was equally effective, yielding only an unearned run in the seventh inning when Mets second baseman Tim Teufel Gooden pitching and Tim Tuefel let a ball go between his legs at second base and the Red Sox won that game. by that very error."

Secondly, Mookie Wilson would likely have beat the play at first base anyway.

Lastly, the Mets managed three consecutive hits with 2 outs in the bottom of that inning and they were not just one out away from losing the Series with each of those three batters, Kevin Mitchel, Ray Knight and Gary Carter, but Mookie went to two strikes - one swing away from oblivion and took big swings fouling off several two strike pitches - thats just brutal. The Red Sox were the ones that didn't close.

And, really, the Mets played arguably the best game of all time in the 16 innings versus Houston in the National League Playoff Series...

Granted the Mets squandered their talent, and as a Mets fan, I am just going to say the organization routinely sucks, but I would not take 1986 away from them in any way shape or form.

As for now, I knew the Yankees could not touch Cliff Lee if he was on. But I am hoping the Yankees defeat the Phillies in this World Series. Wouldn't bother me at all. I really don't care for the Phillies at all.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Interesting detail about the Yankees commute to PHL. It didnt involve wings. They had a specially chartered AMTRAK train from NY down to Philly. I wonder if any of our train spotters here were aware of that movement.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"