Thread: Air India to Launch DEL-JFK-IAD Effective Dec 09

Air India to Launch DEL-JFK-IAD Effective Dec 09

Effective December 1st Air India will be launching flights to Washington D.C. (IAD) as a tag on to their nonstop DEL-JFK-DEL flight. Flights will be operated by the Boeing 777-200LR and it is not yet known if the JFK-IAD-JFK sector will be bookable.

Air India has also mentioned their intention to start a BOS tag on for their BOM-JFK flight.

The schedule will be:

AI101 DEL2310 – 0425+1JFK0655+1 – 0810+1IAD 77L D
    AI102 IAD1210 – 1325JFK1600 – 1645+1DEL 77L D
    http://airlineroute.net/2009/10/16/ai-iadeffdec09/

Re: Air India to Launch DEL-JFK-IAD Effective Dec 09

that would be an awesome addition if they are also able to let people mix between the IAD & BOS extensions...

You cannot book domestic segments on International carriers...it's that simple.

Tom I think what he ment and I believe would be allowed would be say an AI pax could fly BOM-JFK and then connect to the IAD leg and if they did BOS an AI pax could go travel DEL-JFK and connect to BOS ! Would be interesting if they chose YUL or YYZ instead of BOS as that could carry local traffic. I have forgotten which Eastern European carrier used to carry local traffic between JFK-YUL-JFK on their IL-62's back in the 1970's !

Regards

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Tom I think what he ment and I believe would be allowed would be say an AI pax could fly BOM-JFK and then connect to the IAD leg and if they did BOS an AI pax could go travel DEL-JFK and connect to BOS ! Would be interesting if they chose YUL or YYZ instead of BOS as that could carry local traffic. I have forgotten which Eastern European carrier used to carry local traffic between JFK-YUL-JFK on their IL-62's back in the 1970's !

Regards

LGA777
    Ron wouldn't that be the entire point of the flight? Why would AI operate a flight where passengers couldn't continue on to IAD? This sounds like Qantas's JFK-LAX flight, passengers can either get off at LAX or continue on to JFK.

Tom, yes of course the passengers could continue on the thru flight DEL-JFK-IAD, the point I was making passengers will likely be able to board a different Air India aircraft in say BOM, then at JFK make a direct connection to the other Air India aircraft that arrived from DEL for their flight to IAD. Not really local traffic, I think the correct term from the old OAG days is "Conditional stopover traffic only".

LGA777

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Yep; using JFK as a scissor hub, the way Jet does with Brussels, or Air Canada tried with ZRH. Don't see why they couldn't; you can do pretty much anything with your pax as long as they don't terminate someplace where they're not allowed.