Thread: JFK - 10.14.2009

JFK - 10.14.2009

That was awesome day... as a new "airport" traffic I did my best to shoot something nice... after couple day spotting LaGuardia I decided to check JFK... my first location was "Mott Ave" park... great spot !!! weather was awesome, great light... unfortunately after 30 minutes of my spotting traffic moved to different runway... I shoot A320-214 Air Jamaica and 747-400 British Airways... then I moved to the Burger King-Costco spot... was couple good ones I think... Qatar, AlItalia, Lufthansa, Fin Air, and more... I missed AirBerlin :(( for u guys this is maybe nothing but for me that was great adventure ! :))))

I met two fellows spotters with map from nycaviation.com so if they will read this I wanna say THANK YOU for all your help and advices :)))

If you wanna see how i Did,,, check flickr :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisparyp ... 590162156/

and a few as a sample :)

Feel free to comment ! I will be more than happy to see some advices and opinions !

Unfortunately I just back to work... (250 miles from NY) and will be back in couple months... even -20 will not gonna stop me :)))))
    Living The Dream...

Re: JFK - 10.14.2009

Great shots! :borat:

THANK YOU :)
    Living The Dream...

Nice work, Chris!

Only suggestion is to not over- sharpen. It appears that you may have done that on your BAW 747,
    and then didn't cure the jagged edges. Easy fix there- after a round of sharpening, just create a
    dupe layer, select the regular eraser tool, run the eraser over every edge that appears jagged, and
    when done, merge the layers back together.

Other than that, nicely done!
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

Quote Originally Posted by Hussman75
    Nice work, Chris!

Only suggestion is to not over- sharpen. It appears that you may have done that on your BAW 747,
    and then didn't cure the jagged edges. Easy fix there- after a round of sharpening, just create a
    dupe layer, select the regular eraser tool, run the eraser over every edge that appears jagged, and
    when done, merge the layers back together.

Other than that, nicely done!

Thats interesting... but I didn't sharpen my pictures at all.... I just don't use sharpening when Im processing pictures from Raw to Jpg... I think the problem is IrfanView... cuz thats what Im using to resize my pictures and I think IrfanView is killing the quality.... Thank you for advice anyway for sure will be very helpful for my other pictures !!
    Living The Dream...

Alitalia....

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparypa
    Thats interesting... but I didn't sharpen my pictures at all.... Thank you for advice anyway for sure will be very helpful for my other pictures !!
    No problem! Hope it works for you when you give it a shot!
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black