Thread: UN Week 2009: The Ultimate Compilation

UN Week 2009: The Ultimate Compilation

Planespotting the 2009 United Nations General Assembly: A Primer, with Photos of Nearly Every VIP Visitor

(Photo by Eric Dunetz)
    Every September, planespotters gather along the breezy banks of New York’s Jamaica Bay to witness one of the hobby’s greatest spectacles. Full Article
    I've put together a compilation of all the photos of VIPs seen in New York this year, all in a big, sortable table. Many thanks to Senga for his super list and many of his photos, and all the NYCA Contributing Photographers whose photos are also featured. You're all credited in the list.

Some of the "file photos" were planes that no one got a shot of this year, or at least that we could find. If you have a more recent shot that we can use, please let us know. And if you see any errors or omissions, post those here, too!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: UN Week 2009: The Ultimate Compilation

though I would love to take credit for the Mexican AirForce 757, I believe that is a Senga Shot.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Thanks, fixed.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

The reg. on the Uganda G-IV is actually 5X-UGF (not 5X-UEF), unless they sent another one.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Thanks, Phil. Corrected.

I think “Equatorial Guinea” went to EWR this year?

Anyway, another possible three aircraft....

Untitled (Miami Air), (ex-"Miami Heat" sports charter), Boeing 737 (737-400), N753MA, transporting VIP (possibly Iraqi President - at LGA)

ROYAL JET, (Untitled), (another Abu Dhabi Amiri Flight, or someone else?) Boeing 737 (737-700), BBJ, A6-DAS, at JFK.

And, last but not least, likely N88ZL was enlisted as VIP transport, also seen at JFK...

Anyway, about 70 aircraft we don't see all too often.... :D though it hardly feels that way when you're standing around waiting for them...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"