Thread: Apologies for the Forum Downtime

Apologies for the Forum Downtime

Very sorry about the downtime over the past 36 hours or so.

We suffered an engine failure on the starboard side and had to swap it out for a new one. Here's a video clip of the repair:

Seriously though, the board was infected by a worm that we suspect was attempting to insert spam posts, but it actually broke the boards completely in the process. Unfortunately, it took a bit longer than we'd have liked to fix it.

Please post here if you see anything unusual over the next few days.

Thanks for your patience!

-Matt
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Apologies for the Forum Downtime

I wonder how many babies will be born 9 months from now because of the great outage? ;)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

the "Mark Topics/ Forums Read" feature seems to not be working. anyone else notice it?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Yeah, not working for me either. Trying to figure that out.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

did the worm have any way of infecting forum users ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder
    did the worm have any way of infecting forum users ?
    Good question. We're 99% certain this didn't affect anyone's home computer. It is unclear what the worm was meant to do, but since it broke the site immediately, no one would have been able to access the infected pages anyway.

More than likely it was not meant to infect readers in the first place, but to create a "zombie" host to take part in a "botnet" to attack other websites, or just to send out plain ol' spam.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

FWI guys the forum link on the homepage doesn't work for me still. I have to click the latest topic link on the bottom to access the forum. If you get a new user that doesn't know this he may not get to the forums.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The problem with the navigation bar we think may have been limited to Internet Explorer users. My IE now works, and I recommended that you folks clear your cache and go to http://nycaviation.com/ and hit refresh if it still does not work.

Let us know. Again sorry for the mess.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Yeah, not working for me either. Trying to figure that out.
    Not sure why it would be happening, but the link for "Mark forums read" is going to:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/

instead of:
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/?mark=forums

The latter link still works if you enter it manually, so there doesn't seem to be any breakage on the back end.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"