Thread: 1990 Built A320 getting scrapped

1990 Built A320 getting scrapped

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6677840

Why would a seemingly young ship be put out to the breakers at only 19 years old? One would assume AF could have sold the bird to some third world carrier that could have got some use out of it? You have Boeing and MD products in service in some cases for 30 years. I wonder is this speaks too the longevity of Airbus products?

Re: 1990 Built A320 getting scrapped

I've seen similarly young Boeing planes meet the same fate. I imagine it can be one bum aircraft that was having a tough mx time, and it was cheaper to scrap insteadof fix, or maybe there is just not a big market for the A320 and they didn't find it worth paying to park the aircraft.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I am going to guess, to Tommy's point, these airbus frames will not be around as long as Boeing and McDonnel Douglas aircraft were.

On the other hand, there's so many of these A320s out there, an "old" one right now, might simply be worth more in parts than as a whole.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

atleast its getting scrapped in the sub tropics. enjoy it old girl.

The way they taped over the Air France titles is really bizarre, like it's a secret message to aliens or something.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Also keep in mind that spare parts are very valuable. When something breaks on an airliner, getting an extra engine or other major parts are more expensive than you folks would imagine. So if times are slow and you have extra aircraft, instead of parking it, cut it up and use the spare parts.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Also keep in mind that spare parts are very valuable. When something breaks on an airliner, getting an extra engine or other major parts are more expensive than you folks would imagine. So if times are slow and you have extra aircraft, instead of parking it, cut it up and use the spare parts.
    And if the aircraft was due for a heavy maintenance check, it may very well more cost effective to sell it for parts rather than spend the money on the check to keep it in service.