Thread: AF Auctioning Seats on First A380 Flight to JFK

AF Auctioning Seats on First A380 Flight to JFK

Air France is auctioning 380 seats on each of its first two A380 flights, November 20 from Paris to JFK and November 21 from JFK to Paris. Proceeds of the auction will be donated to charity. For more info, you can visit their web site:
    http://www.af380.com/A380/en/#

Re: AF Auctioning Seats on First A380 Flight to JFK

It will be great to be part of history as you'll be on the first A380s to JFK but it will be nothing like Concorde as any one can fly on the A380, but 6 years ago Concorde seats where like gold dust.

Any one can fly at pre mach 1 subsonic speeds, but every time you flew on Concorde that was extremely special as you flew at mach 2, the same speed and height as highly trained fighter pilots in their F14, F16, Euro fighter, F4 or what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder
    It will be great to be part of history as you'll be on the first A380s to JFK but it will be nothing like Concorde as any one can fly on the A380, but 6 years ago Concorde seats where like gold dust.

Any one can fly at pre mach 1 subsonic speeds, but every time you flew on Concorde that was extremely special as you flew at mach 2, the same speed and height as highly trained fighter pilots in their F14, F16, Euro fighter, F4 or what ever.
    Question..why almost 90% of your posts have something to do with the Concorde? Its gone...move on, let it go. You want something very special hop a ride on Virgin Galactic to space next year.

This also isn't history, Emirates was the first to provide A380 passenger service to North America. In the grand scope of this event while it may be grand for France and Europe to have a A380 finally connecting the continents. The message that was sent when Emirates did it first was far more significant. Europe is in it's declining years and the significance of an Middle Eastern nation having the first A380 into service to the U.S speaks volumes for how the world has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Question..why almost 90% of your posts have something to do with the Concorde?
    I'm a Concorde enthusiast (Concorde chaser) have been one for 33 years and always will be 8), Concorde isn't a "normal" plane, she is extremely special and isn't dead.

You can't kill some thing which is still decades ahead of her time, no other plane can fly at mach 2 with 100 people for 3500 miles none stop, in some shape the dream will live on.

Sounds like you're a bit upset with me talking about Concorde, I am sorry I don't mean to upset any one I guess my enthusiasm over flows some times.

I feel the same about the Russian TU144 and if the USA had their version I'd feel the same about that, in general i love SSTs.

You want something very special hop a ride on Virgin Galactic to space next year.
    Concorde is very special, no other airliner in history allowed 100 people to fly at mach 2, 3-4 times per day every day for nearly 25 years with no accidents. Now you can't do that, but up to 24 Oct 2003 you didn't need to be fighter pilot to fly at mach 2, any one could fly at mach 2.

Virgin Galactic will be special and is in some ways is the modern day successor to the X15 but unlike Concorde Virgin Galactic will just be a joy ride, Concorde was a work horse.

Virgin Galactic is like sub orbital flights Alan B. Shepard made in the 1961.

There is no way me and 99.9% of people could afford to fly on Virgin Galactic, there is no way i could afford to pay the Russians to be a space tourist on the ISS, but one of my heros are Nasa astronaughts of the mercury, Gemini and Apollo era.

I have a photo of the crew of Apollo 11 hung in my bedroom to inspire me.

What those guys did was truly amazing stuff.

Watched the movie - The Right Stuff - many times and love it.
    Watched the movie - Apollo 13 - 5 times when it was at the cinema in the 1990s

I did write to Richard Branson asking him to do a trip report about one his Virgin Galactic flights, but we will see what happens.

Europe is in it's declining years and the significance of an Middle Eastern nation having the first A380 into service to the U.S speaks volumes for how the world has changed.
    No offence but I'm not in to politics I don't care, I just adore SSTs and Concorde with all my heart and soul.

Unlike 40-50 years ago the world has changed, new technology has allowed the world to communicate better, Internet has allowed people from any where in the world to buy or sell any thing at a click of mouse button. We are now in a global economy, what happens in the America, Europe, Middle East or Asia effects the rest of the world.

When America, Russia or China voted for their presidents the world waited to see what happened as these 3 super powers effect the way the world works.

The current recession was started by a load of out of control yuppies in one country but their actions effected the entire world and countless people across the globe have lost their jobs.

No part of our world has escaped from the recession they caused, they even brought down huge firms like Lehmans and Woolworths. Merril Lynch and Bear Stearns needed to be rescued by other US firms. AIG, Goldman Sachs and Fannie Mae had to have US tax payers bail them out.

In the UK RBS, HBOS and LIoyds bank had to be saved by UK tax payers.

In the UK a lot of good high tech jobs are being offshored to places like India and China where there is cheap labour, but firms who do this can still run their firms from head offices in the UK or USA with no loss of business due to new technology.

My point is that we all depend on each other more than ever.

For Air France their first A380 flights are historic for French Aviation, but you're right Emirates got there first :)