Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Special Liveries

Yeah, hopefully the timing, weather, and lighting all line up for me this year with that bird. I've set myself an alert on Planefinder, so I can at least be a little more on top of it. Hopefully the day I do get the alert, it won't be a day that I carpooled to work or left my camera at home.

I think at this point, I'll be happy getting her on a cloudy miserable day.....and let's face it, if I get it at JFK, those will probably be the conditions, since we all know I don't seem to bring the best spotting weather with me when I drive down from CT.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Aside from the Etihad Formula 1 this Alaska special scheme is really awesome.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild View Post
    I liked the old Capitol Bicentennial (aka Stars and Bars) livery on their DC-8. I can't seem to find a pic of it though. Maybe it's Capital? I also liked the Calder Colors Brannif DC-8. Three underrated regular liveries, IMO, was BWIA, from the 70's and 80's, the old Gulf Air "Eagle" from the same era and Seaboard World, again from the same era.
    That was ONA, I saw that live at JFK from the tower (visiting with Aviation Explorers group in the 70's), also remember the Modern Air CV990s?
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

My favorite special liveries that I've seen are:

US Airways Allegheny Heritage:

US Airways Piedmont Heritage:

US Airways PSA Heritage:

I have not been spotting at other airports that much so this is all I have.

Xander
    Last edited by USAir767; 2013-01-20 at 06:01 PM.