Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Business jet

Your Favorite Business jet

What is your favorite business jet and why?

For me the G550 is. Not just because it is the granddaddy of business jets but because it is made in America for one. For two it has what amounts to the most advanced civillian cockpit out there right now between the Primus Epic suite and the EVS capibility and because it has outstanding performance across the board on all stage lengths. It has some wingspan issues at some airports but for the most part it is not very restricted as far as suitable airports in the improved surfaces catagory. Not to mention the immense range. The Global Express is a close second but final assembly takes place outside the USA so I am slightly partial.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Your Favorite Business jet

Falcon 900

Email me anytime at [email protected].

I love the Falcon 900, but I'll take the Cessna Citation X as a favorite though...

(...not counting the Lockheed JetStar that is...)

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

I'm old school. Lockheed JetStar, the Heinz Co. specifically. Hansa Jet and the Falcon 50. Otherwise, the Falcon 900 and the various converted wide-bodies.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

As much as I love working with the Gulfstream's (5 & 4SP) my favorite has got to be the Challenger 300. Yes it's a Canada product, but this machine is a dynamo. Great short field performance, 6+ hour range, lots of room on board, and admittedly overpowered engines. It's quiet, Stage 4 compliant, and pilots love it.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

The G-V and G550 are cool, but at first glance, it looks like any other Gulfstream. When you see a Global, you know it's a Global. Plus, it's built in Canada :)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    As much as I love working with the Gulfstream's (5 & 4SP) my favorite has got to be the Challenger 300. Yes it's a Canada product, but this machine is a dynamo. Great short field performance, 6+ hour range, lots of room on board, and admittedly overpowered engines. It's quiet, Stage 4 compliant, and pilots love it.
    didn't know the airplane was THAT good of a performer... wow!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The Global Express has to be my favorite - the take off performance of them is amazing - they are amazing to watch

Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Bigger is always better and I'm choosing the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ). They are many out there with stunning paint schemes and amazing interiors.

Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    I love the Falcon 900, but I'll take the Cessna Citation X as a favorite though...

(...not counting the Lockheed JetStar that is...)

Tom
    i 2nd the C-750...

Have to love the gut...

Favorite purpose built bizjet: Hawker 8XP series... Unpretentious, attractive- looking, decent speed and legs with a reasonable cabin size.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Raytheon ... cc0fa5c348

Favorite airframe adapted for buisness use: Boeing 727-100 series... Classic airplane, FAST, roomy, incredibly adaptable to the owner's needs. Makes ALOT of noise at most power settings, as an airpane should!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Forbes/B ... c5af390620

EDIT: Forgot to mention the one common point that made these choices for me: Character. Both of these jets have visual and reputation character. You can't forget how either one looks, and both have love/hate reputations that go back to the early '60's when they entered service.
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

damn, does it have to be a jet? Citation X, if its any 'executive' aircraft, then I'll take the Piaggio and the Pilatus 12.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    That Challenger has a neat interior, but I am a big Falcon 900ex fan.

P-180 FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by diegodangers
    damn, does it have to be a jet? Citation X, if its any 'executive' aircraft, then I'll take the Piaggio and the Pilatus 12.
    You're right, I hadn't even thought about the props... I love the Pilatus and Piaggio as well, but this one might be my favorite...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"