Thread: DAL 9817 at LGA today 9-17

DAL 9817 at LGA today 9-17

As many of you know DAL 9817 is the Flight number Delta assigns to all their New York Yankee charters and some of the ferry flights flown in conjunction with same. Almost all regular season Yankee Charters at DL are flown with a mix of 757 or 738 and once in a while a domestic 763.

Well for the Yankee coaches and others who they allow to sit up front they got a real nice upgrade today as N177DN, a new colored International 767-332ER was used for the long flight to SEA. I chose to do a seperate thread on this as apposed to LGA visitors as there where different things I wanted to add.

Although 757's on transcon flights out of LGA are pretty comon with not only Mets and Yankee charters but also the visiting teams as well. ATA even briefly flew a Saturday only 757 LGA-SFO nonstop several years back. But in all my years working at LGA in a Ramp Tower where you see most departures I can never recall seeing a wide body on a transcon out of here. So I anxiously waited to watch DL 9817 Heavy depart today after about 1 hour and 20 mins in a long takeoff que. Thinking the Heavy might actually be heavy I couldn't have been more wrong, airbourne in approx 4500 feet, "just beautiful" !

Also most Sports charters use BFI, including every time I have tracked the Yankee ones. this time they went to SEA, perhaps the ground handler at BFI does not have the ground equipment to handle a 767 perhaps? Jerslice ?

I know we have a lot on this board who don't like the Yankees, and thats fine, but this thread is not about Baseball, but Commercial Aviation.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL9817

http://www.delta.com/flifo/servlet/Delt ... quest=main

Thank You

LGA777

Re: DAL 9817 at LGA today 9-17

Sweeet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I saw the 763 climb out around after 4:40pm I didnt have my camera out to get it, besides it was a bit high from my view.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    I saw the 763 climb out around after 4:40pm I didnt have my camera out to get it, besides it was a bit high from my view.
    Yep Sergio Whitestone climb off 13 and I remember seeing it NE of LGA thinking it was already higher than normal due to I assume the great power of a 767 !

LGA777

I wonder if the same plane will bring them back, though if it does, it might be a late night or early AM redeye arrival. They head to LA after Seattle, where they finish the series with an afternoon game next Wednesday. Presumably they'll fly back immediately after that game.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Also most Sports charters use BFI, including every time I have tracked the Yankee ones. this time they went to SEA, perhaps the ground handler at BFI does not have the ground equipment to handle a 767 perhaps? Jerslice ?
    BFI does have the equipment to handle heavies, so not sure exactly why this charter went to SEA. Chealse FC used a 767 when they came into town to play the Sounders in an international friendly.

Could have possibly been subbed into the normal schedule for DL from SEA. The only 763 I see was a ATL departure this morning. I do have a feeler out to a buddy to see where this plane went!

-Tad