Thread: FBI Raids Queens Homes in Terror Investigation

FBI Raids Queens Homes in Terror Investigation

Not many details yet...
    BULLETIN -- REPORT: AUTHORITIES TO BRIEF SENIOR LAWMAKERS IN CONGRESS ON TERRORISM INVESTIGATION IN QUEENS.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: FBI Raids Queens Homes in Terror Investigation

it wasn't me...

From the USA Today / AP:

N.Y. residences raided in terrorism probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — Law enforcement agents raided residences in New York City on Monday as part of a terrorism investigation, and prepared to brief Congress about the probe.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne confirmed that searches were conducted in the borough of Queens by agents of a joint terrorism task force. He would not discuss the matter further.

Separately, federal authorities planned to brief senior lawmakers in Congress on the case later Monday.

A person briefed on the matter, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said the raids were the result of previous law enforcement surveillance of individuals.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.

No comment
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

WPIX: Law enforcement agents have raided residences in New York City as part of a terrorism probe.
    QUEENS, N.Y. - Law enforcement agents raided residences in Queens on Monday as part of a terrorism investigation, and began briefing Congress about the probe.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne confirmed that searches were conducted in the Flushing section of the borough by agents of a joint terrorism task force. He would not discuss the matter further.

Separately, federal authorities started briefing a series of senior lawmakers in Congress about the case.

Two U.S. intelligence officials, who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case publicly, said the target of any purported attack -- or who would carry it out -- remained unclear.

Authorities have not found any weapons ready for use -- such as a bomb -- that would indicate an attack was imminent, they said. Nevertheless, one of the officials called the threat very real and emphasized the urgency of the threat.

Another person briefed on the matter, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, said the raids were the result of previous law enforcement surveillance of individuals.

The investigation was continuing.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., who was briefed by FBI officials, said he couldn't discuss much of the case because many of the details were still classified.

"There was nothing imminent, and they are very good now at tracking potentially dangerous actions and this was preventive,'' Schumer said. He added that the law enforcement action was unrelated to President Barack Obama's visit Monday to New York.

WPIX 11 Video: http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/watch/?wa ... &src=front
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Separately, federal authorities started briefing a series of senior lawmakers in Congress about the case.
    why?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    why?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Is that SOP or does it send up a flag about the seriousness of the raid DESPITE
    everyone trying to downplay it?

No comment
    Waste of post.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].