Thread: KEWR September 07-11, 2009: Let's start planning now!

KEWR September 07-11, 2009: Let's start planning now!

I'm planning several excursions to EWR this week and will focus on accessing what appears to be an employee parking lot just south of RWY 04R. One of my contacts will surely provide me with access to the actual runway areas soon, but until then that lot will be my goal. As usual, the IKEA parking lot east of the airfield will also be available for spotting. Expect to see us there, too.

I do not have an FM receiver at the moment, so I will need at least one person to bring something capable of receiving above 108MHz. There is the possibility that I'll get one before the first day. Also required will be a decent camera, as I only have a crappy consumer-grade DSC.

Please reply if interested!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: KEWR September 07-11, 2009: Let's start planning now!

i suggest staynig away from employee parking lots if you aren't an acual employee of the airline/ airport. the PAPD does not take trespassing lightly.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Eh, it's certainly worth an attempt. Just about the most extreme action I will take is asking for permission. I certainly won't attempt to enter against PAPD's directives. Technically, I'm considered part of the press, however small NYCAviation is, so that might ease things a bit.

Do you mean that you'd reference NYCAviation as part of your press experience?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by darlyn
    Eh, it's certainly worth an attempt. Just about the most extreme action I will take is asking for permission. I certainly won't attempt to enter against PAPD's directives. Technically, I'm considered part of the press, however small NYCAviation is, so that might ease things a bit.
    I'm sure you got a PM from Phil already but let me be very clear with you....In no way shape or form are you a part of any press, if you don't carry press credentials, meaning a real press pass, you're nothing. Second its not worth an attempt...get arrested for trespassing and you will be arraigned, you will be charged with a misdemeanor or felony, and you will go to a criminal trial. Spotting is not a right and any of the spots we frequent we are guests and basically are "tolerated." If the Police want they can give you a hard time and boot us or worse.

Once again, my actions will remain entirely within the realm of legal and PAPD guidelines. I would never claim to be part of an actual press outlet, as evidenced by my lack of proper ID.

That said, it is in part intended for the NYCA community.

Quote Originally Posted by darlyn
    Technically, I'm considered part of the press, however small NYCAviation is, so that might ease things a bit.
    This concerns me, as it sounds as though you're implying that you will mention to Port that you want to take photos for NYCAviation. So, to play it safe...

Your eagerness to share your photos on the forums here is certainly appreciated, and seeking permission from Port Authority for photography is something that you have a right to do if you'd like. But it needs to be understood that you are not NYCAviation staff and are not to make any mention of your membership of this site in order to gain any access to an airfield, as it has no relevancy and would create a great liability, legally, to the site.

You do what you have to do, but NYCAviation is not to be mentioned in your requests in to photograph airplanes.

Good luck in your shooting endeavors.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Well stated, Phil. I understand the possibly negative attention NYCA could get, so I'll refrain from mentioning it :) .

Now, I've just realized that the apparent employee lot seems to be just another parking lot. There are taxis, buses, and passengers in the below view:

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v ... &encType=1