Thread: Battery Chargers

Battery Chargers

I was having a problem with one of my batteries. I would put it into my camera, and after 10 minutes, it would already be showing low. I kept loosing track of which one it was, and finally the other day I decided to throw it away immediately so it wouldn't fall into my bag pocket with the healthy batteries.

I plugged in my other batteries to the charger that night after throwing the dummy one away. For two different batteries, after 5 seconds, the red light held steady, indicating that it was fully charged. This could not have been the case, as I had used them both a bit throughout the day, and I knew they'd require at least a little bit of charging.

I grabbed Mel's charger and tried it in hers. Through the blinking red lights, the charger indicated that the batteries were oly half full, and I got them up to a full charge on hers.

So after throwing out a battery, it turns out the battery was probably fine, but my charger was broken.

So, off to get a new charger. I know it's pretty basic for the most part, but does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Battery Chargers

i use the one that came in the kit with my camera. it's meant for my specific battery. although i don't use my cam these days as much as some i still refresh my batteries on the charger every so often to make sure they stay fresh. the batts hold a charge for a while, i can probably still count the amount of times i've had to charge them. (meaning less than 20)
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Don't get a Canon charger, they're super over-priced compared to the third-party vendors.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yeah, I forgot to mention I shoot Canon. Whoops!

I'll 3rd party stuff. Any specific brands or anything?

I got one for my P&S from B&H a few weeks ago made by a company called Pearstone. Included a world power adapter and a car adapter for around $20, vs Canon's plain-old wall charger for $35. Who knows, maybe it'll die sooner than the Canon would, but so far after one charge it seems to do its job.

Best part: I had researched them on the B&H website but went to the store without the model info. I expected the salesman to try to sell me the more expensive Canon model, but nope, he automatically brought out the generic one, and it was even cheaper in the store than online. :D
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

$7.95?

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EOS-10D-20D ... 950&sr=8-3

Doesn't even look like the battery fits into that thing.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Phil, try http://www.sterlingtek.com. Good prices, good product, and quick on the delivery.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Oh, good stuff, Kenny. Thanks!