Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new guy saying hello...

Another new guy saying hello...

Hi all...

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself...

I'm a long time aviation nut, photo bug and model builder; been watching
    aircraft for almost 25 years now, and pointing cameras at them for almost
    as long. Serving Active Duty USAF since Jan '01, currently assigned to
    AMC Global Flight Ops at Scott AFB, on the outskirts of St Louis. Was pointed
    at the site a few weeks ago by none other than the boss himself, Phil, whom
    I've worked across from for close to two years.

Very much looking forward to participating and getting to know the group, and
    sharing photos, memories and experiences!

Cheers!

Brian
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

Re: Another new guy saying hello...

Excited to have you, Brian!

I work closely with Brian's group everyday, but he was the first one that I actually met, as my interaction with them is all of the telephone. What are the odds that when he comes to NY and I give him a tour....he turns out to be into aviation photography just like us. A good fit here for sure.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Interesting! Welcome Brian!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Welcome, Brian! Phil told me you were joining us, glad to have you here. I'm an old KC-135 driver, and model builder as well. Looking forward to seeing some shots from out your way.

Wow you ain't far from me bud!

I live 1 hr and a half southeast of BLV Airport.

I am in Carbondale, Illinois, airport codes MDH and MWA for those near me.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Thanks fellas! Glad to be here....

Moose- unfortunately, there won't be too much from this direction as photography is nearly impossible over at Lambert (still trying to find some suitable off airport locations, but no dice as yet), and the new Wing King here at Scott has ratcheted up the clamp on unauthorized pictures. Just finished a trip and have 2 more coming up, so will have some good stuff to share before too long...

Alex- Carbondale, huh? Not too far from here at all! If you're ever going to be in the area, let me know...

Brian
    "Never ask an Irishman if he wants another drink... He'll only ask "Why wouldn't I?" in return..." -Lewis Black

Hi Brian & welcome. Thank you for your service to our country.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by coachrowsey
    Hi Brian & welcome. Thank you for your service to our country.
    No problem! Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by Hussman75
    Hi all...

Just joined and wanted to introduce myself...

Very much looking forward to participating and getting to know the group, and
    sharing photos, memories and experiences!

Cheers!

Brian
    Welcome man! I'm also an AD guy (since '07), just finished up about a year and two months (but who's counting) down here at "lovely" Laughlin AFB (I don't recommend it) and am PCSing next week up to McGuire to fly the -10...

Thanks, El Tee! Congrats on graduating UPT and getting the -10... Remember, TACC is ALWAYS right! lol

Thanks fellas! Glad to be here....

Moose- unfortunately, there won't be too much from this direction as photography is nearly impossible over at Lambert (still trying to find some suitable off airport locations, but no dice as yet), and the new Wing King here at Scott has ratcheted up the clamp on unauthorized pictures. Just finished a trip and have 2 more coming up, so will have some good stuff to share before too long...

Alex- Carbondale, huh? Not too far from here at all! If you're ever going to be in the area, let me know...

Brian
    I sure will!

I drive through BLV a lot on my way to STL, usually heading to the airport to fly out.

I have found a good spot in STL to plane spot, at a golf course, I haven't been kicked off yet and have spoken to the officials there too and gotten some pictures, none public worthy though. Only good when 12R/L is being used for landing at Lambert.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    I have found a good spot in STL to plane spot, at a golf course, I haven't been kicked off yet and have spoken to the officials there too and gotten some pictures, none public worthy though. Only good when 12R/L is being used for landing at Lambert.
    I think I know where you're talking about Alex... Is this the course pretty much right under short final to 12L? If so, I've driven around some of the side streets in that area, but didn't find anything really satisfactory. The business parks have plenty of open spaces, but the power line poles kill any chance of good pics... There's also Ramona Lake Park, which is about a 1.5 mile final to 30R/L, but after stopping there once I'm inclined to stay away.

Anyhoo... Next time you're passing thru, hit me up and I'll see if the duty schedule has me off or between shifts. Know a few good places nearby where the refreshments are always cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    I think I know where you're talking about Alex... Is this the course pretty much right under short final to 12L? If so, I've driven around some of the side streets in that area, but didn't find anything really satisfactory. The business parks have plenty of open spaces, but the power line poles kill any chance of good pics... There's also Ramona Lake Park, which is about a 1.5 mile final to 30R/L, but after stopping there once I'm inclined to stay away.

Anyhoo... Next time you're passing thru, hit me up and I'll see if the duty schedule has me off or between shifts. Know a few good places nearby where the refreshments are always cold!
    That sounds good! Yes that is the exact spot I was thinking of.

I'll continue to head there until I get kicked off LOL

Alex

Went to the course itself the other day, looking at going back to see if the manager will let me
    sit at the far end of his parking lot for a few hours every so often... You found a great spot, Alex!

Went to the course itself the other day, looking at going back to see if the manager will let me
    sit at the far end of his parking lot for a few hours every so often... You found a great spot, Alex!
    No problem man! I always went there on my days off to spot and such. It is pretty great as long as 12R/L is being used for landing hahaha.

Alex