Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloombergs Plane hit by bird

Bloombergs Plane hit by bird

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032009/ne ... 187937.htm

looks like he was in a 900EX. My favorite :D

"There's nothing to say," the mogul, who has three Dassault Falcons, said. "A bird hit a plane. Birds hit planes in the New York area 400 times a year."
    3 Falcons and still is a regular New Yorker...lol

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Bloombergs Plane hit by bird

what other airplanes does he own? did he ever own a Falcon 10?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Does this mean he's going to have them gas the birds in the Hamptons next?

Quote Originally Posted by planelove
    3 Falcons and still is a regular New Yorker...lol
    Unlike most rich New Yorkers getting chauffeured around in their biz jets, Bloomberg often climbs up to the cockpit and flies the plane himself! So there. :) (Though I think he was in the back during this incident.)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Doesnt he have a Bell 430 or maybe a 109?
    When he first became Mayor he actually sat in the cockpit of one of PDs 412s as it flew from the Bronx to S.I. I believe he also flew it for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Doesnt he have a Bell 430 or maybe a 109?
    When he first became Mayor he actually sat in the cockpit of one of PDs 412s as it flew from the Bronx to S.I. I believe he also flew it for awhile.
    I know he used to have a helicopter...when I was at my first charter job in FRG his office chartered our EC135 while his bird was down for MX. That was about 3 years ago...not sure what he is hopping around in now.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

He usually uses 47EG, which is the one that often shows up in Washington when he's known to be in town. There's also 44EG and 900MV, which I've seen less often (although at least 3 times each) so my guess is that those are more for the company than Bloomberg himself. I saw A109 6MV (later 30MV, and now 6QV) at the same hangar as one of the Falcons at MMU, but it was registered to a generically-named LLC, so I can't confirm it. The whole fleet is based at Morristown.

[quote="Mateo"]He usually uses 47EG, which is the one that often shows up in Washington when he's known to be in town.

Doesnt Bloomberg use PD ships sometimes when he flies down there on official city business or does he use the jets all the time?
    I know past mayors used the PD 412s reconfigured in the executive transport mode to fly down there.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Never seen an NYPD helo down here, and I would imagine the New York Post would have a field day if Bloomberg used one of the Koalas. It's out of his pocket anyway, so why not take something that's much faster and much more comfortable.

I'm guessing he was taking off from East Hampton?

I flew there yesterday. The airport was a real S##$ show.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    what other airplanes does he own? did he ever own a Falcon 10?

He has 1 Falcon 900B (N44EG), 2 Falcon 900EX's (N47EG & N900MV), 1 King Air 350 (N672MM) and one Agusta 109E (N6MV).

He's been a Falcon fan forever, so he might have owned a Falcon 10 at one time - not sure.

He also has a Bell 609 on order in order to be able to commute directly from the Wall Street heliport to his property in Bermuda!

50 gorgeous virgins couldn't get me to make that trip in a chopper, especially in one as complicated as the 609.

He will not fly on anything he doesn't own, whether it's for NYC business or his own needs, so you will NOT see him in a NYPD chopper. He also doesn't charge the city back for any of his flying when he flies on NYC business - let's not forget that his yearly salary is $1.- He doesn't charge, he can do what he wants with his birds - very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by nyslides

50 gorgeous virgins
    Could you believe in that entire post, that was the only thing that stood out to me...?

I would have thought the bird was hired by one of our' city's unions...to off the guy.

He also has a Bell 609 on order in order to be able to commute directly from the Wall Street heliport to his property in Bermuda!
    He's going to take a helicopter from NYC to Bermuda? Why would he do that if he has corporate jets?

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    He's going to take a helicopter from NYC to Bermuda? Why would he do that if he has corporate jets?

Tom
    The 609 is a civil version tilt-rotor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner

Tom
    Time savings and so much less of a hassle - look at the facts:

BY PLANE:

Chopper from Wall Street to MMU - 12 minutes
    go from chopper to Falcon - 5 minutes
    Block time from MMU to BDA - 2 hours
    drive from BDA to Bloomberg Bermuda property - 40 minutes
    Total elapsed travel time: 2:57

BY CHOPPER

Chopper from Wall Street to Bermuda Bloomberg property - 2:45
    Total elapsed travel time: 2:45 with no possiblity of airport delays or the hassle of having to utilize 4 different modes of transport (car to chopper to Falcon to car)

You may ask how I know all this - not for publication on an internet site, but I have a pretty good inside view of what goes on there.