Thread: VIDEO: Su-27 crashes at Radom Air Show

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

VIDEO: Su-27 crashes at Radom Air Show

from FlightGlobal:

Two Sukhoi Su-27 pilots have thought to have died after their aircraft crashed while displaying at the Radom Air Show in Poland.

Video footage of the accident, from Polish television, shows the aircraft rolling to the right, inverting and pitching down, before rolling left to a level attitude, but failing to arrest its descent.

Today's display programme had listed a 15min Su-27 display scheduled for 13:15.

Belarus' ministry of defence had previously confirmed that it would provide a Sukhoi Su-27UBM for the show, as well as a Sukhoi Su-24 and Ilyushin Il-76. The crashed Su-27 is said to have been the Belarussian aircraft.

it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

Re: VIDEO: Su-27 crashes at Radom Air Show

Why does it seems like its always the MiG's and SU's that crash during airshows?
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I am wondering why they did not eject?

I thought the same. But that's easy to say when you're not in the plane, feeling the g-forces, maybe not realizing right away (with disbelief as well) that you're in that severe of trouble. I'm sure that all pilots, life-danger aside, think about what their commanding officer will say when they ditched their multi-million dollar aircraft.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

is it me, or does the footage look similar to the Tu-144 that came down in Paris, going down and trying to pull up, but not being able to and coming down on the belly?
    It's really not just migs and su's, but many planes crash during air show maneuvers, both from the east and west.
    Just to translate, the video stated the pilots were not as experienced and the planes were much older, not not like the current ones Russia sells to china, India, Venezuela and their own air force..
    my condolences to the pilot's friends and family, and hopefully there weren't any people killed on the ground.