Thread: JFK SkyKing 757 Request

JFK SkyKing 757 Request

Anyone know the aircraft that operated SkyKing 775 SNN-JFK on Saturday 8/29?

It was a 752, but SkyKing does not own any of those, so it must have been a sub-charter. And I've confirmed it was not a North American bird.

Something interesting, flightstats.com listed it as F3 Fly First Class flight 775 while flightaware had it listed as SkyKing. Anyone know anything about Fly First Class? All I could find is that it might be a dba SkyKing uses, it is listed with the same SkyKing ICAO code: SGB ("Songbird").
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: JFK SkyKing 757 Request

I found this Anet thread from 2005 about a new airline called "Fly First Class", but members seemed to write it off as a joke airline.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/2513200/

Though these days it may well be a name that Sky King grabbed up, they do not own a 757, and SOMEONE had to be operating it. Right now I know it was not NAA (who has done a few of these very flights for SkyKing), nor was it Omni.

I'm open to suggestions on this. throw some names and I can do some research on it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: JFK SkyKing 757 Request

I think it was probably G-ZAPU, which belongs to Titan Airways. It operated a flight from SNN to STN yesterday.