Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senator Edward Kennedy dies

Re: Senator Edward Kennedy dies

I certainly have never been a fan of his. Similar to how a soldier's job to follow the orders of the President, I offer a level of respect to US politicians upon their death. I don't disagree with what is said here completely, but I will give the guy some respect at least on the day of his death.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    LOL I saw that today and was going to post that in the Funny photo thread but I got yelled at when the AF plane crashed...so I said eh maybe not. LOL Very cleaver advertising though...

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

No kidding, I wonder iffin he ever did invest in one?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Let me ask this, will you respect Timothy Mcveigh when he dies?
    Dude, for a guy who questions my memory, yours is a bit foggy. He was executed the day after my bday in 2001.

That said, like Phil, I just side with giving the guy, like Michael Jackson, a day where I dont piss on their graves.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Or are the 168 life's he took worth more then the 1 life that Kennedy took?
    I would think that even you could tell the difference between one death in a car accident, and 168 murders committed in a deliberate bombing...
    Seems not.
    Like Phil said "WOW"!!! :?

Program Coordinator

:(

getting away with murder
    Manslaughter and murder are two very different things. Was he guilty of manslaughter, or perhaps negligent homicide? Probably if not definitely. A murder charge? I don't think so.

Your way of thinking indicates that Gov't officials are someone on a higher plain then normal citizens. Let me ask this, will you respect Timothy Mcveigh when he dies? He served this country in the U.S Military. Or are the 168 life's he took worth more then the 1 life that Kennedy took?
    Besides the now established fact that Mr McVeigh has already been spending some number of years passed on, I am pretty surprised at the gross misinterpretation here. A deliberate, well planned bombing meant to maximize casualties and make as loud a cultural/political statement as possible is very different from a chronic drunk wrecking his car at night into a river and then covering it up because he knew he was in deep ****. Neither is right and both are reprehensible, but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that one life (or 168 collective lives) are worth more than another. The end of a life through violence, stupidity, and/or negligence on the part of another is never something anyone here wants to see.
    Tommy, I think a lot of your comments hit marks that resonate - that I and others hear and agree with to varying extents - but this call-out was an uncalled for low blow.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    ...but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that one life (or 168 collective lives) are worth more than another.
    nobody here suggested it, but both Kennedy's and McVeigh's actions showed a complete and utter disregard for human life. their actions did all the suggesting necessary.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

:(

getting away with murder
    Manslaughter and murder are two very different things. Was he guilty of manslaughter, or perhaps negligent homicide? Probably if not definitely. A murder charge? I don't think so.
    Jeremy there's very good evidence to suggest that the death of Mary Jo was murder and not accidental manslaughter. If you spend some time and research and read the reports his story isn't on the level. If perhaps this was manslaughter are you saying that it lessons taking the life of someone because he was driving drunk and killed her?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

NOTE TO SELF: do not get on the bad side of any nyca member for they WILL piss on your gravesite. :shock:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Program Coordinator

If perhaps this was manslaughter are you saying that it lessons taking the life of someone because he was driving drunk and killed her?
    Neither is right and both are reprehensible, but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that one life (or 168 collective lives) are worth more than another. The end of a life through violence, stupidity, and/or negligence on the part of another is never something anyone here wants to see.
    And so now I'll add to that the taking of life accidentally doesn't lessen the loss of life - which would seem incredibly obvious to most people. :(

Anyway, lest I get misinterpreted again, I'm done. :?

NOTE TO SELF: do not get on the bad side of any nyca member for they WILL piss on your gravesite
    I wouldn't.

In other news, Ted Kennedy died.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

And so now I'll add to that the taking of life accidentally doesn't lessen the loss of life - which would seem incredibly obvious to most people.
    getting into a car and driving drunk at 100mph is not an accident. his actions were tantamount to murder.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    LOL I saw that today and was going to post that in the Funny photo thread but I got yelled at when the AF plane crashed...so I said eh maybe not. LOL Very cleaver advertising though...
    Uh you do know that is NOT a real advertisement? It was in National Lampoon magazine and written by Anne Beatts.
    VW took legal action against them.

Program Coordinator

Third degree murder is often referred to and logged into the court system as involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter is murder that was not intended specifically by the defendant. Criminal negligence is often the precursor to involuntary manslaughter. Reckless use of a motor vehicle, firearms, explosives, animals, medicine, and the like that results in the death of a person falls under this category of murder. So unless he intentionally got tanked and intended to drive off the bridge and escape while also killing his passenger, it doesn't qualify as first degree (and not really second degree either) murder in the legal sense. I'm not saying there are arguments, even good ones to suggest it was very intentional. I'm just saying that based off what I've seen and read, I think murder of the second or first degree (particularly the first) is a tough sell, whereas involuntary manslaughter (the more common name for third degree murder) should've been a given.

Was watching the coverage of Senator Kennedys life and times last night and interesting how many plane crashes effected his life. In 1944 his older brother, Joseph Jr, who he adored, was killed when his plane exploded over France during WW2. A sister, Kathleen, died in a plane crash in 1948. In 1964 Kennedy himself is involved in a plane crash that killed two and broke his back which bothered him the rest of his life. And of course the 1999 crash of his nephew JFK Jr.
    A lot of the criticism of Kennedy is quite valid (boozing and womanizing) though I refuse to believe he "murdered" Mary Jo. Watching the coverage a common thread among friends and colleagues was how he was able to seperate the dark side of his personal life with his work as a senator. It was reported that after the rape trial of his nephew William Kennedy Smith in 1991 in which he had to testify and later that year the meeting and marrying of his wife Vicky that he finally grew up and got his life together.
    Im not going to canonize the man but he did do so much in his 47 years as a senator. He was involved in passing over 5000 bills and 300 laws and was a hard-working, tireless advocate for the American people especially the sick and disabled, children and mothers. I can guarantee that in some way or form one or more of those bills or laws had an effect on your life, your family, your friends.
    As I get older I try not to get judgemental about other people. None of us are perfect, we all have our demons and all families have "their stuff" though (hopefully) not played out on the national stage.

Some stories of his lasting legacy.....http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/lier ... -1.1397273

[quote="T-Bird76"]Here's my point guys.... Right now in the media and the country are celebrating a man that if anyone of us had the background of being kicked out of school, booted from the military, failing the Bar, being an chronic drunk, and getting away with murder we'd be vilified in society and more than likely in jail. Can that be disputed?

At the age of 19 he was kicked out of Harvard with a friend after allowing that friend to take a Spanish test for him.
    Two years later he was allowed to RE-ENTER after demonstrating good behaviour. This was STANDARD Harvard treatment
    in such cases. He exelled and graduated with a B.A. in history and government.
    He was NOT booted out of the military. He enlisted after getting thrown out of Harvard and was discharged as a private first class. The only "negative" thing about his military service was that his father pulled strings to keep him out of Korea though it isnt reported that Kennedy asked his dad to do this.
    He graduated from the University of Virginia Law School in 1959 and was admitted to the Massachusetts BAR in 1959.
    Wow get your "facts" straight.