Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: UN General Assembly 2009 info

Re: UN General Assembly 2009 info

Mario, if I may say so, you and Wendy went home with quite a collection! It was great meeting and hanging with the both of you for a few days. I hope we all get to do it again soon.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IL-96 RA-96018 was back at JFK today, this was a nice surprise. I also saw an EK 777LR A6-EWE, this is a change from the normal 777W.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757

[
    Does anyone have the reg for this bird please? I saw it Wednesday evening overflying FRG getting ready for finals to JFK.. This is one reg I would love to have tied up!

Many thanks, and impressive photos.. Where were they taken?

Geoff!
    For Providence area information I am your man!

Quote Originally Posted by pinktristar
    Does anyone have the reg for this bird please? I saw it Wednesday evening overflying FRG getting ready for finals to JFK.. This is one reg I would love to have tied up!
    Not sure if it's the same one - there was more than one IL-62, but some of them were Russian, not Ukrainian - but I caught UR-86528 arriving on Monday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Mario, if I may say so, you and Wendy went home with quite a collection! It was great meeting and hanging with the both of you for a few days. I hope we all get to do it again soon.
    Hope to get together sometime soon and great to meet you after all these years Phil! The traffic at JFK was impressive, BUT we brought you guys the good weather :borat: (this Borat smiley rules)

Geoff, they were taken at different sites around JFK some of them from very far away with a so-so Canon 300 mm lens (for JFK a decent 400mm works much better). The reg is indeed UR-86528, built almost 30 years ago in 1981! Usually, the one (maybe the only one) of the two Ukraine Air Enterprise IL-62s that's showed up at JFK during the last few UN sessions (looking at SengaB's annual log)

When I saw that one I almost did the Macarena. I don't expect the president of Ukraine to be showing up in a 28-year old IL-62 for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757

Geoff, The reg is indeed UR-86528, built almost 30 years ago in 1981! Usually, the one (maybe the only one) of the two Ukraine Air Enterprise IL-62s that's showed up at JFK during the last few UN sessions
    [color=#0040FF]Thanks Mayi! Really appreciate the reg - it was the only Il62 we saw.. Another one in the log book!

Geoff![color=#0040FF]
    For Providence area information I am your man!

Here is a gallery of all the UN Visitors I saw over the week.

http://southpawcaptures.squarespace.com ... tors-2009/
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

N767KS is enroute to JFK as I type this. Weather is nice again, hope someone can get more of it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Shot I-Fly A310 today at JFK as Spotted it a few days ago at JFK so I do assume it is a UNGA Straggler like N767KS. The Virgin APU Destroyed my pik.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    For today I already see a Mideast 767 and a Comlux A318 scheduled into JFK.

The Mideast 767, N767KS, is due into JFK from GVA at 11:12pm, however its due into SWF at 6:12 pm. Let's see what happens there.

The Comlux A318 is operating for Jordan and is listed as Royal Jordanian 3 inbound from SNN around 3:21pm.

I saw the Mideast 767 land around 3:30pm today at JFK from the Broad Channel North parking area. For some reason it seemed like it kept going back and forth around the old Pan Am maintenance/Tower Air hangars. I also saw the N88ZL Boeing 707 take-off as well. They really hush-kitted that machine didn't they? It doesn't have that 707 "scream" I remember from back in the late '70s early '80s.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

What would bother me is the cargo stuff blocking engines and nosegear. You got it in new Oman Air colors, too bad HiFly is too lazy to put titles.

Here's HiFly's other A310 I told you about in old Oman Air c/s: CS-TEX, Sept. 17th at JFK

Taken from our taxxing plane

///Mario