Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly 2009 info

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: UN General Assembly 2009 info

Damn Gordon! That's some amazing work!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Gordon, excellent shot. Can't beat an inside connection!

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    The Turkish A319 is at Farmingdale, it arrived late last night. Planned departure back out is Friday.
    As of 2PM today still sitting at FRG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by nyslides
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    The Turkish A319 is at Farmingdale, it arrived late last night. Planned departure back out is Friday.
    Darn - you beat me to it - saw the bird on Sheltair's ramp around 3pm today, all buttoned up, with Airport Police hovering around her.
    FRG has Airport Police? :)
    Definitely some type of security -I presumed it was Police, may have been private rent-a-cop.

Quote Originally Posted by markg
    Quote Originally Posted by nyslides
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Nice. I hear some of these are based in ISP. Any confirmation on what may be there?
    What are you referring to being based in ISP?
    There's a BBJ at ISP N888AQ at least there was on Saturday..it arrived from Tblisi on Friday I think!
    The airplane is BASED at ISP.

FRG has Airport Police? :)
    Definitely some type of security -I presumed it was Police, may have been private rent-a-cop.
    Suffolk County PD covers FRG
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Went to EWR to shoot the latest and greatest of lame VIP aircraft for 2009 UNGA. Conviasa flying for Venezuela. Pretty aircraft not not what one would hope for during VIP Week as its isn't Chavez's Presidential A319 or the B732 that used to come.
    "Yankee Victor One One One One"

Senga

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States, 111685032180118, North Bergen, New Jersey

That was Chavez security detail. Real nice crew, spoke to them for a moment today. Had some issues with the a/c, thats why they were still here today.

Did you happen to catch the C130? I believe it was from the Minnesota National Guard.

FRG has Airport Police? :)[/quote]
    Definitely some type of security -I presumed it was Police, may have been private rent-a-cop.[/quote]

Probably the Fire-Rescue/Ops guys that drive around the field on a regular basis.

Great shots Gordon! Good to see some UN stuff at night.
    You can't stop next year, we need to know whats happening at Stewart... :D

Senga - love the Conviasa actually. Another keeper - wish I had that one. Granted they aren't heavies, but I think the Conviasa and the (T')Chad MD-87 were the cream of the crop in terms of rarity.

JZ, yes, "The" Gambia (I love that wording on the titles), was at JFK, from the Parking Garage.

Kenny - glad you got N88ZuluLima! To this day, don't think there's anything better in spotting than seeing a 707 300 series on approach.

Mario - Hope to see you in MIA some time; glad you made it to NYC this year.

Mike - Time for a slide show one of these days???

Tom >>> Very glad UN week is over...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    >>> Very glad UN week is over...
    Amen! After 8 days of spotting, plus Kids Day today, I'm ready to shoot something other than airplanes for a while. Of course, I'm going to be shooting at the Airpower Museum Sunday (and next Saturday as well).

Gordon, terrific shots! If you are away at college next year, I'd be glad to go out on the ramp and shoot in your place! :D

As to the Turkish 319 at FRG - I've seen it there for at least 4 years now, and I've never seen any security around it - it's usually just buttoned up at the end of the Sheltair ramp. You may have seen Airport Ops driving by.

diegodangers,
    I noticed they had more problems with that plane today. They had some problem with the they aircraft communications today and had problems trying to read back the clearance. And then the controllers complained about them not hearing transmissions directed at the pilot. I guess they never fixed this particular problem. Someone flew in a helicopter right next to the CRJ7 and then loaded up and left. I did shoot some Venezuelan Falconjets at JFK a few days ago. I wonder is he was on those.

Glad you feel that way Tom,
    I suppose the Conviasa is a good one to get being that they don't even service the US.
    You got that right...I am glad UNGA is over too this year. What a complete waste.
    Now back to business.

Senga

diegodangers,
    Yes I saw the C-130 there but didn't shoot it.

Senga

Despite not having any Canon body :( , I am glad I decided to come for the day. It was a great day and Gman and I had fun playing the VIP traffic roulette! (thanks Gman for the loan) It was good indeed to see everyone. Heres my contribution.

Cheers,
    Raj

Since I've never posted pictures of mine in a public site before I will take the opportunity to spam this thread with some of them, but first I have to say it was great being there to catch special UN and regular JFK traffic such as Olympic Airways -RIP- and meeting so many fellow photographers. (A especial thanks to Moose and Bill for the ride to the photo locations)

Kenny: some of your 'creative thoughts' were hilarious. You should make a tape of your various thoughts for when the traffic is slow 8) Glad you were able to bag a 707... and the girl giving you a peace sign with dad smiling :borat:

Tom: I hope to see you at the Miami geek fest too. I'd love to see some of your NY slides from back in the day!

Senga: you did get some new things dude cheer up, it will be ok... Look, that Conviasa CRJ is the only little plane I would've loved to get, in airline livery (just like I like 'em!) Seems like they modified the livery on that aircraft, so you got a hot new plane, yeah! :mrgreen:

I normally shoot slides, but decided to snap away with a digital also, mainly for shots further away. Here's a few digital shots I've edited that both Wendy and I took, including a few non-UN stuff as well: