Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly 2009 info

Re: UN General Assembly 2009 info

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Did Air Force One take off from a different runway?
    It arrived, as "SAM 29000", on 22R, departed on 13L as "Air Force 1".

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Phil, AF1 was was the other wicked bank takeoff of the day.

She shot off 13L and banked all the way around. A nice low wide sweep but not as close as the Ii76
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mario,
    No only the A330 showed up along with the Gulfstream for Algeria.
    Both went to SWF.
    As you know I already have this very frame in 2 other operators colors so it would have been a minor catch. I didn't go to DC when it was there as already have the frames 2 times woudl have had a minimal pay off after driving that far.
    C/N 21049
    The first time I shot it was before it was re-engined as P4-TBN. Later it flew for Togo as 5V-TGE and now for Mali as the TZ-TAC.

Senga

Great spending the day with Eric, Mario and Sebastian, and what a terrific bunch of planes we saw! Here are some of my highlights:

First time I've seen an IL-76 in person! Like Mario said, a "picture perfect" HoBe departure.

If you look, you can still see the remnants of the old "CCCP" markings on the port wing and tail.

Two different Japanese Air Force 747s!

I paid a visit to SWF yesterday afternoon. Here are my catches --

Saw Marine One Yesterday

At 1409, 3 choppers suddenly flew over my head yesterday. One chopper had tandem rotors like a Chinook. They flew low but sadly I had no camera. I was at Battery Park by the promenade. The 3 choppers quickly headed west towards JFK. Then at 1413, another 2 choppers passed overhead. These headed-out over the East River then turned north towards LGA. I am pretty sure that 1 of the choppers was Marine One while the others were decoys. I wonder what the other choppers were hauling.

Great shots. I saw Marine One overhead yesterday but I had no camera. It was at 1409 over Battery Park. I figure 1 of the choppers was Marine One.

Those are the most Beautiful shots of AF1 I've ever seen! :shock: The blue on the plane looks even better next to the dark blue water, wow. Instead of the official fly-by photo which cost thousands and scared the crap out of everyone who has no clue about airplanes, they could've just used Moose's air-to-air banking photo!

NY-Mario, I'm pretty sure the IL-76 is normally banned at US civilian airports because it's not stage III compliant, except for special government, UN, disaster relief flights, and such (the ones being re-engined with PS-90s are ok).
    There should be -STRICT- noise regulations for cars blasting crappy loud music on the streets, not aircraft. Aircraft have always made noise and smoked. Back in the 70s people were just happy they could fly on jets, someone please remind Nimbys and GreenPiss.

Senga, the colors on the Togo govt. you shot is way more interesting, and looks almost civilian instead of corporate. The current paintscheme on that 707 makes it look like stupid BBJ or Airbii corporate jet, and you know how much I hate them :twisted: :D

[quote="JZ1"]I paid a visit to SWF yesterday afternoon. Here are my catches --

I like the plane shot but LOVE the UH-72 Lakota parked next to it. Does anyone know if that is a visitor or regular to SWF?

Qatar A310 & The Republic of The Gambia 727 from Friday....

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Tom: good catch. Where was the photos taken? Doesn't look like JFK, SWF?

Sweet shots, especially the Gambian 727! NY airports might not be the easiest places to shoot at, but there are some good angles even when the action is kind of far. My local airports in Florida are "easy" but then you always get pretty much the same angles from the official photos spots and the traffic is blah. I miss NY :mrgreen:

Fligthtaware was showing Turkmenistan and Kuwait leaving, I guess this is the end of UN week.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Well, I know when to take vacation next year! Mario, Wendy, and Theresa it was nice meeting you all. I hope I didn't offend you guys with my "creative" thoughts lol. Next time you guys come up, let me know! Missing the IL76 hurt for sure but aside from the 707, I would have had a major woody seeing the QR C17 in QR c/s.

Tom, that is a WICKED shot of the 727 my friend!

Anyone remember this chick? lol
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Way to go Tom! Love that 727.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

There are definitely some great photos in this thread. This UN Week will most likely be my last for the next few years, unless I end up in college in DC, and it was one I will not soon forget. SWF was packed this year with aircraft, 28 in total throughout the week. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate during the day on Wednesday but I spent the evening shooting and I was very happy with my results: