Thread: Southwest and T6 at JFK

Southwest and T6 at JFK

Ive been watching them clean up T6 wondering what was going on. Cleaning the windows.putting up stanchions in the lobby,buffing the floors and they took down all the advertising and the road barriers. I had not heard anything about new airlines or terminal swaps. And the NYC board was quiet. mmm Checking in at work this AM was the answer. So to quell all rumors here is the "Official news "

Please be advised there is a movie being filmed through the next week at JFK T6. As part of this filming, Southwest Airlines signage has been installed at our former home in T6 as a backdrop for the movie.

Wondering if a new airline like Southwest could come to JFK? The airport is effectively closed to new airlines because of slot restrictions. In order for a new airline to begin service at JFK, they would have to acquire slots by buying or trading them from an existing airline at JFK. The airport is effectively closed to new airlines such as Southwest.

PS... After scanning our web site this morning I went to the compitition A-net and there is a complete thread on this already with pictures. Check it out!!!
    "You above all"

Re: Southwest and T6 at JFK

That A.net thread is a grapevine run wild......the WN font, backdrop, and logo aren't even correct. Its a movie being filmed in T6 this coming week (I've confirmed this). Just a month ago Finn Air did a commercial shoot in the old T5.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuice
    Wondering if a new airline like Southwest could come to JFK? The airport is effectively closed to new airlines because of slot restrictions. In order for a new airline to begin service at JFK, they would have to acquire slots by buying or trading them from an existing airline at JFK. The airport is effectively closed to new airlines such as Southwest. [/i]
    Hmm, just like they did at LGA...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuice
    Wondering if a new airline like Southwest could come to JFK? The airport is effectively closed to new airlines because of slot restrictions. In order for a new airline to begin service at JFK, they would have to acquire slots by buying or trading them from an existing airline at JFK. The airport is effectively closed to new airlines such as Southwest. [/i]
    Truth be told, JFK was slot restricted when B6 had slot 75 "exemptions" awarded so they could start operations. So anything is possible, probably not likely but possible