Thread: Trip report US1945 & US2212 1Aug

Trip report US1945 & US2212 1Aug

Off for a quick trip to Atl for bbq with Atl Flyertalkers.
    www.foxbrosbbq.com

US1945 Clt-Atl E190
    Got the last seat on a full plane. Pushed just a few min late due to loading luggage. Off the gate we were given a wheels up at 0830 turned out to be 0834 after add. Clt traffic. US did this one right. Friendly flight attendents, clean airplane & they didn't pull the short duration thing & served coffee & orange juice :borat: arr Atl around 0915 & off for bbq :borat:

US2212 Atl-Clt Crj700 operated by PSA
    Young crew. F/A started off "welcome aboard US2212 now non stop to Hnl, Hi" that got everyones attention then she done the real thing. A/C was clean leather seats. The climb out of Atl reminded me why I love flying so much. Was setting by the window looking at the cloud formations. The approcah in to Clt for landing on 23 took us N of the airport for the turn back & I was able to a look at the new 36l/18R. Looks like they are moving along. Again great flight, US got this one right :borat:

One mention(long story short) myself & 3 other non revs got the last 4 seats. All of row 6. This was do to a DL screw up of a family of 4's tickets & they we not able to board. As we left they were headed to DL spcl. svcs.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.

Re: Trip report US1945 & US2212 1Aug

One mention(long story short) myself & 3 other non revs got the last 4 seats. All of row 6. This was do to a DL screw up of a family of 4's tickets & they we not able to board. As we left they were headed to DL spcl. svcs.
    Did the family check in to late? I've been on AA flights where they've given seats to non revs then a revenue passenger shows up for whatever reason and the non revs are asked to leave the plane or sit in the crew jump seats.

Re: Trip report US1945 & US2212 1Aug

They were there in plenty of time. When they presented thie boarding passes(or whatever they had) to the agent, they wouldn't scan. From what I gather DL had not done any of this right. I'm just guessing it may have been a re route or something. They were sent several times down the hall to DL agents who would not or said they couldn't do anything. The US agent even went looking for DL people. Anyway as they cleared us to board, the US agent had the name of a DL Spvr(I assume) at the DL spcl. svcs. counter who was going to help & they were headed that way.

I'm glad I got home, as most likely I'd have been looking for a ow car rental as the last flt. was also way over sold. In spite I really did feel for that family.
    Train as if your life depends on it. Because some day it may.
    Opinions expressed are my own & not those of my employer.