Thread: Free Intrepid Museum tickets

Free Intrepid Museum tickets

I was just exploring Bank Of America's website and noticed that Bank Of America Credit and Debit card holders recevice free admission to a number of mesuems in NYC on every first full weekend of the month. One being the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum. There's a number of other great museums that BOA card holders get free admisions too, simply present your car and you receive a free ticket.

http://museums.bankofamerica.com/

Re: Free Intrepid Museum tickets

That is pretty cool.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

BTW, I just noticed the Intrepid is NOT included on the list of Museums that particpate
    in Bank of America's special "Museums on Us" FREE admission program anymore. BUMMER !!
    That used to be a GREAT deal since it saved you at least $22 on the days it was offered.
    Anyway, so much for trying to save some money when Enterprise goes on display soon,
    because I'm sure the additional admission just to see Enterprise will probably be around $20,
    since a combo ticket for general admission and a guided tour of the Concorde is $42 ! WT

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    I noticed Intrepid took themselves out of the BoA promotion at the start of this year. An admission fee of over a dollar per airplane? Come on...

Supply and Demand... they get millions of visits per year... they can charge what the market will bear...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I was just there on Sept 11, Concorde tour and everything. It will be a while before I want to pay their prices again

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Supply and Demand... they get millions of visits per year... they can charge what the market will bear...
    I agree Manny. I don't care for the prices really, but its not out of "greed" they are charging I don't think. (and I am sure somewhere down the line there will be a "POP" pay one price discount inclusive of everything).

A trip across to the East River will feature a "free" museum. The South Street Seaport, overtaken by a mall (albeit a nice one in some ways), and they're on the verge of collapse and sure to sell off one of their Tall Ships. Anyway, there are plenty of FREE things to do in NYC including excellent museums. Take in one of the free ones and when you go to Intrepid figure you split the difference.
    "Keep 'em Flying"