Thread: Gyms on Long Island

Gyms on Long Island

So the gym I've been going to for 5 years has raised it rates to IMO an unjustifiable level, $65 a month and the only service upgrade they have done was open the gym up 24 hours a day. However I just can't see spending that kind of money so I let my membership expire.

Does anyone on here know of any decently priced, clean, non juice head gyms in Suffolk? I've checked out Planet Fitness...crowded to the point you can't park, Fitness 19, great gym but no Arch Trainers. I must have a gym with an Arch Trainer. All 4 Sports and Fitness is a contender but they are a bit pricey. Any suggestions would be great.

Re: Gyms on Long Island

"Juice head" gyms don't bother me too much, because that tends to include both guidos, and peopel are lift seriously. The serious guys are good to have around. So I just like the non-nightclub gyms, which keeps out the guidos and socializing.

Wish I knew LI better. There are several good gyms in Queens that you'd enjoy.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar

I go to All 4 Sports fitness and its really good there I highly recommend it. Everyone minds their own business and is nice.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

I go to Bally's

They only have two locations in Suffolk.

Copiague, which I've heard is a very nice location
    Bayshore, I use this one often, not bad.

Prices are decent.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Powerhouse in Lindenhurst. Extremely clean, which is huge for me. Lots of treadmills and a few Arc Trainers, IIRC, at least 2. Lots of cable systems and free weights too. 90% of the cardio machines each have their own TV, nice plus.

I paid a promo of $399 for the year at opening so I don't know their rates now but I think I saw them run a special recently.

not too far off the beaten path from your work route. 956-3539, Call them and tell them the eye doc recommended them.

I can get you a free 3 day pass if interested.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Powerhouse in Lindenhurst. Extremely clean, which is huge for me. Lots of treadmills and a few Arc Trainers, IIRC, at least 2. Lots of cable systems and free weights too. 90% of the cardio machines each have their own TV, nice plus.

I paid a promo of $399 for the year at opening so I don't know their rates now but I think I saw them run a special recently.

not too far off the beaten path from your work route. 956-3539, Call them and tell them the eye doc recommended them.

I can get you a free 3 day pass if interested.
    Weren't you almost accosted in the parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Weren't you almost accosted in the parking lot?
    Luckily for Mario, he goes to Powerhouse Gym and is now strong enough to ward off any attackers :)

NOT NOW CHIEF, I'M IN THE ZONE.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

They only have two locations in Suffolk.
    Thought they had one in Lake Grove too?

Glad I joined Ballys in the early 90's. Once I paid off my membership its 80 bucks a year for life. 60 if I renew in 3 years clips. Good all over the country too. What is that place in Bayshore next to that dive bar Grizzlies? It looks decent.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Does anyone on here know of any decently priced, clean, non juice head gyms in Suffolk?
    Check the pricing, I know its clean. As far as juiceheads go, that was a singular encounter with a known tool.

That said, it is a full spectrum gym, so I see everyone from teens to retirees and the occasional juicehead (maybe once every other month)

I know you mentioned planet fitness, but how about Fitness 19, right across the street from my office?

Or the LA Fitness on Rte 110?

All depends on what you are looking for. But if you are too picky, a home gym is hte best bet and can be paid off in 3 years of a pricey gym membership
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Theres an LA fitness that opened up near my school (Stony Brook) on 347. I went there for a 2 week free membership, and now they keep calling me back! Offering me membership starting at $35 a month. I would suggest joining LA Fitness, one of the nicest, well maintained gyms out there!