Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Double Shocker- Taconic Pkwy accident

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Double shocker to the office this week.

I can't medically see how an undxed condition of diabetes or anything else could be masked as 10 drinks in her system, most of those drinks still in her stomach or explain the THC. Further, unless they collected tissue samples from that day, newer tox screens will most likely be less efficient.

I think the more the husband talks, the worse it appears.

Wasnt there a scene in 40YrOldVirgin where to start the car she took a breathlzyer test? Does that exist?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Update: She was diabetic, and she may have had a stroke.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

......yeah, according to her lawyer.

He also stated that marijuana use is not illegal. I guess I need to brush up on my laws????
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Ironically to me, the lawyer, only that one lawyer, is turning this into a circus. The media isn't even doing that. This lawyer is disrepesecting ALL of the victims with his garbage.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    ......yeah, according to her lawyer.
    Wow, 1010WINS news alerts let me down...normally they only send messages for super important breaking news, not statements from lawyers, so I presumed this was news from the medical examiner. Fail.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

From
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nass ... -1.1350380

"The Hances said they had known Schuler to be "a responsible and caring mother and aunt."
    New York State Police said Wednesday that Schuler's husband, Danny, and other friends and family have described her as a "social drinker." Only her husband - in a police interview Friday, four days before the toxicology results - said she occasionally used marijuana, police said."

I have some questions about those comments. Do normally responsible adults usually engage in drugs that are illegal? And are those who smoke pot also likely to also drink more than just socially?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Double Shocker- Tacomic Pkwy accident

Update: She was diabetic, and she may have had a stroke
    Def a plausible scenario but the brain does get disected during autopsy. Wouldn't they have found it?

He also stated that marijuana use is not illegal. I guess I need to brush up on my laws????
    Yea it's real sad how Good ol Dominick is going to really turn this into an episode of Nancy Grace. Goodness.
    This lawyer is disrepesecting ALL of the victims with his garbage.
    Yea his credibility is dropping faster than that 380 landing in Wisconsin.

I have some questions about those comments. Do normally responsible adults usually engage in drugs that are illegal? And are those who smoke pot also likely to also drink more than just socially
    Believe it or not yes, Take the people I see every day, rich successful many own their own businesses and I would say more than half smoke pot to some degree. Some more than others.

One thing I am curious about is toxicology able to tell that she smoked it that morning? I know it stays in your system for upwards of a month but could she have just drank?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Unfortunately, pot is way too common in adult/parental lives. I'm shocked regularly when I see parents from several generations lighting up.

To add, I am personally against it, but I don't judge most people who do it. Just not my thing. Keep it safe and responsible if you do though.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I know more of my friend's parents nowadays who still smoke pot, than my actual friends...

Also, the tox report stated that the levels of THC indicated that she had smoked within 15-60 minutes of her death.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    I have some questions about those comments. Do normally responsible adults usually engage in drugs that are illegal? And are those who smoke pot also likely to also drink more than just socially
    Believe it or not yes, Take the people I see every day, rich successful many own their own businesses and I would say more than half smoke pot to some degree. Some more than others.

One thing I am curious about is toxicology able to tell that she smoked it that morning? I know it stays in your system for upwards of a month but could she have just drank?
    Rich and successful does not equate to responsibility though. (ie. Many celebrities seen as rich and successful in their careers are total trainwrecks regarding responsibility.) To answer your question, IIRC you can by the amount of THC in the system how long ago it was smoked by measuring trace amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Unfortunately, pot is way too common in adult/parental lives. I'm shocked regularly when I see parents from several generations lighting up.

To add, I am personally against it, but I don't judge most people who do it. Just not my thing. Keep it safe and responsible if you do though.
    My thought exactly. I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.

Not to throw off the subject but drinking is all too common as well, but since its legal its "ok." I'm not shocked and don't see the problem with adults smoking pot....its healthily then smoking store bought cigarettes.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Not to throw off the subject but drinking is all too common as well, but since its legal its "ok." I'm not shocked and don't see the problem with adults smoking pot....its healthily then smoking store bought cigarettes.
    We often lose sight of the facts that alcohol and pot are both drugs. Both if done in moderation is fine. Problem is we abuse both. Fact is if you smoked a joint once on a while it would actually be a benefit due to it's medicinal value. Problem is most pot users smoke enough to get whacked out of their minds and act like idiots and do it on a regular basis. Remember it's called "substance abuse"
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Remember it's called "substance abuse"
    Good point.

However, I personally make it a point to avoid something that would incriminate me. You can buy and sell cigarettes anytime. Try buying and selling pot with a cop standing nearby.

We can argue the pros/cons but in the final analysis, its illegal.

I stopped by my folks place and read more comments by the lawyer. Its just a circus. :cry:

Re: Double Shocker- Taconic Pkwy accident

As we know, marijuana and alcohol both impair judgment and alcohol will lower inhibitions and marijuana can induce paranoia. Therefore not a good idea for the start of a roadtrip...obviously. But this is clearly a step further...

The only things I can think of is....

While its certainly very rare to have happen, but if she was a "social drinker" having a glass of wine at dinner once in a while or a beer here and there, and occasionally smoked marijuana in the relative safety of her own home, but suddenly was possessed (for who knows what reason) to imbibe Vodka for the first time and/or the marijuana was particularly potent, a small percentage of the population - on rare occasion - can pass into a borderline or genuine psychotic state.

The other possibility is she was in the very early stages of an otherwise naturally occurring state of some kind of mental illness (schizophrenia perhaps - though that often manifests itself at a younger age. But if not, some other dementia...). If that were the case, the drugs (alcohol and/or marijuana), may have kicked things off into high gear).

But we may never know...

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Re: Double Shocker- Taconic Pkwy accident

WTF:
    Exactly two weeks after Diane Schuler's fateful wrong way drive and crash on the Taconic left eight people dead, a woman was pulled over after driving across the Tappan Zee Bridge in the wrong direction. The 75-year-old woman from Irvington made it two miles across the bridge to the Rockland County side before being stopped by state troopers. She told that them that she was aware that she had been driving the wrong way, but kept going because she thought there would be a place to make a U-turn. The woman had even gone through the tolls in the wrong direction—the TZ toll lanes have no arm to block her. She ended up driving in the wrong direction from the Westchester side after she accidentally entered the off-ramp from the highway, missing her exit to get on the Major Deegan Expressway. Police ticketed her for improperly entering a highway, driving in the wrong direction and reckless driving. The incident took plays ominously close to where Schuler's deadly drive went haywire, accidentally getting on the Saw Mill Parkway in Tarrytown before heading back toward the Taconic. http://gothamist.com/2009/08/09/woman_d ... ross_t.php