Thread: Sharing my love of music aka DMB. What is yours?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Sharing my love of music aka DMB. What is yours?

Back in 1997, a friend invited to my first concert. (Yes, I'd never attended one until after I graduated college).

We saw Dave Matthews Band at Jones Beach. Been a huge fan for years, lots of very good music where I truly believe my listening skills evolved in leaps and bounds. Its the only band where can say I can hear the drums, violin, bass, sax and strings really blend and yet stand out on their own.

And their classically trained violinist breaks any stereotypes, and that furthered my enjoyment.

So fast forward to last week and I invited her to see them at Jones, once again. (I've seem them since 97 at Giants and MSG multiple times, but had grown tired of HUGE venues with teenie bopper potheads surrounding us. At least at Jones, the ocean breeze carries away the pot smoke.)

I find their singing good, not great, but their instrument playing is
    incredible!
    Two Step drum solo w/ occasional add-ins and blend in at end.

Grey Street

Wasting Time

Hope you enjoyed a a glimpse as much as I did. Any other fans out there?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: Sharing my love of music- concert last week!

I can appreciate anyone's love for a certain group and when it comes to music to each is own. However the only good part of the DMB concerts I've been to was the weed.... :)

Re: Sharing my love of music- concert last week!

The weed. Ah, not a fan but to each his own, as you say.

You actually went to one of their shows??? (wait, MORE than one, judging from what you wrote??)

Perhaps the muted your senses accordingly . Now, had you taken LSD at the concert, perhaps that may have helped ;)
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Re: Sharing my love of music aka DMB. What is yours?

I re-edited the title.
    I'm clearly into the Dave Matthews Band. I already know what songs I want played at my casket.

I want to know what is your all-time favorite is and why?
    Feel free to add vids. In fact, I love Pandora is that its turned me on to ever more genres of music. So with that in mind, share what you are completely into and why. Turn us on to something new perhaps.

I am not huge on DMB, just not my thing, I perfer metal mainly but I actually took a girl who is a huge DMB fan last week to the second show at Jones. In future I will go with friends or solo because that is an awesome place to pick chicks up when you pre game in the lot. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm a bit of a fan, but it's been a while since I've listened. I enjoy their live recording, like Red Rocks, sooo much. So much talent and a great sound.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King. GREAT album.

Got a lot on my mind, but I have to work. Will post more later.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I went to both shows last week at Jones. It was the first time I've seen them since Dave & Trey at MSG in 2003. Like you, I got tired of the teeney boppers smoking weed all around me and gave up on going to the shows.

I love the new album though and wanted to check them out live in concert.

Great shows both nights although I liked the setlist a little better on the second night. I did like them opening with "Funny the way it is" and playing "Burning down the house" on the first night.

I already got my tickets to see them in Camden in Sept!

EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I am not huge on DMB, just not my thing, I perfer metal mainly but I actually took a girl who is a huge DMB fan last week to the second show at Jones. In future I will go with friends or solo because that is an awesome place to pick chicks up when you pre game in the lot. :borat:
    So what is hte bset metal group you're into?

Tom, some DMB lyrics for you :)

"Some people drink, some people don't,
    Some people think, some people won't.

Some people like to smoke a bowl, some don't,
    Some people do, and some people don't.

It's okay, because it's meant to be that way...
    Some people do, some people don't.
    Some people do, some people won't." off the Live at Red Rocks album.

I went to both shows last week at Jones.
    Great shows both nights although I liked the setlist a little better on the second night.
    Sweet! Where were you sitting the second night? I heard from a lot of groupies that the first night was lousy and yet the second night was amongst their "top 5 fav shows of all time. I LOVED the 2nd night, the best I had been to, all my fav songs, the energy and no songs i dislike. total win win.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Wow, another closet DMB fan here. Red Rocks is far and away my favorite cd but I've never been to a show. Other than that, I'm with Ryan. I grew up on the hard stuff and it's always going to be my preference.

But on the lighter side, the singer (or screamer) has another band which I also dig when feeling a bit more mellow.

R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I am pretty into alot of the old Zombie stuff back before Rob Zombie went solo. Lately I am listening to Zombie, Distubed, Metalica and Dr Acula which is a local Bay Shore band. When the ladies are around I usually tone the music down to puddle of mudd sublime and such though. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Love DMB, always have. Like you, it was my first concert...except in 1998 (November 11, in Philadelphia to be exact). Amazing show!

I also LOVE Ben Folds, and he is quite something special to see live. We'll be seeing him again in October performing with the Boston Pops Orchestra. It will be my 3rd concert of his, and I'm really looking forward to the symphony accompaniment. :D