Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Uploading to Anet/JP? Pre-Screen Here!

Mike, looks a bit oversharpened in some areas like stair handles and cheat lines... otherwise I like it :-) Good luck.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    oh no dont worry your not being a dick but please try not to act like one. And i know hes helped me and i thank his help and dont worry im not Trying to get these photos on the "big" sites as you call them Im just trying to get them to look good..:)
    Lucas, this is the wrong thread for you. Please DO NOT post in this thread unless you are pre-screening to post to Airliners.net or JetPhotos.net or any other major database site. For general photo editing questions, you should be posting on the Photography sub-forum.

http://nycaviation.com/forum/forums/66-Photography

Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an administrator here. I am NOT a moderator here. But I am a user of the forum and I am trying to advise you so as to protect you from being banned or spammed or flamed. I am growing tired of your endless circular disregard for common sense and the kindness that was shown to you when you first came online here.
    Manny Gonzalez

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Manny it's like dealing with a troll. The more you entertain him/her/it, the more post we will be seeing from him/her/it.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    Manny it's like dealing with a troll. The more you entertain him/her/it, the more post we will be seeing from him/her/it.

Kenny, you know me fairly well. I am [TRYING] to be civil, polite and professional.
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    I give up too. This one is a real winner.

Lucas, click here and good luck. http://www.jid.me.uk/tutorial2.html
    Great link Kenny, guess I know what I'll be reading during my 2nd cup of coffee

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Jid Webb is a awesome photog and guy as well!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

That is certainly a great guide. It helped me a lot when I was lost during my first 100 rejections ...
    Manny Gonzalez

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Jid Webb is a awesome photog and guy as well!
    +1 for sure.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Helped me no end as well - there have been a few good tutorials on the JP forums - the histogram discussion is another that comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    That is certainly a great guide. It helped me a lot when I was lost during my first 100 rejections ...
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Although I believe much more in learning the theory and the mechanics and science that make the controls do what they do... So to that end:

Color balance: "The Canyon Conondrum" by Dan Margulies
    Light: "Light: Science and Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting" by Paul Fuqua and Fil Hunter

After reading just those two books, my way of seeing the natural world as a photographer totally changed for me.

Knowing the basic components, it is much easier to apply the science of photography to any new purpose... from Landscape to Aviation to Studio... it becomes more about how to set the controls than about what to do. Exposure is how everything starts.
    Manny Gonzalez

Bonjour from France, all. Been playing around lately and would like comments on the following photo. It was already rejected by anet for reasons that all made sense, so this is a new version. Beyond getting this pre-screened, I would really like to understand what JP/anet really expect/want. Most of my rejections are due to softness and low contrast (like many people I think)... which is fine, but I'm having troubles grasping the result that the screeners want to see. Especially contrast, I'm usually way off. I'm trying to learn my histogram, the fatter it gets the more contrast you get, but I guess I don't know what the sweet spot is.

Anyway, here goes, let me know. Full version here: http://www.instantscaptured.com/Port...k7GDv&lb=1&s=O

Edit: Adding a second image for your comments. Full version: http://www.instantscaptured.com/Port...dshdq&lb=1&s=O

Last edited by RomNYC; 2013-03-24 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    I would really like to understand what JP/anet really expect/want....but I'm having troubles grasping the result that the screeners want to see.
    Welcome to the club, we've had jackets made.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Hehe. I realize there is not one universal formula, and I try to inspire myself from what I see on the DBs so I do have an idea. I should've worded my post better. I guess I'm just trying to figure out how to notice when my contrast is way off as I'm doing my post processing, and when it's closing in on an acceptable level. I don't have that "eye" quite just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Bwahahahaha

Okay kids. What do you think about this one for jp? Unfortunately when she pulled away from her gate she went into the black hole of the ramp. Figured it was worth a shot since it is a rare bird, and the spotting location is only available in the winter (15' high snow bank so I had a view over the fence).

Who knows if any will be flying next year, KLM has already retired 3/13 MD-11's.

thanks
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    Bonjour from France, all. Been playing around lately and would like comments on the following photo. It was already rejected by anet for reasons that all made sense, so this is a new version. Beyond getting this pre-screened, I would really like to understand what JP/anet really expect/want. Most of my rejections are due to softness and low contrast (like many people I think)... which is fine, but I'm having troubles grasping the result that the screeners want to see. Especially contrast, I'm usually way off. I'm trying to learn my histogram, the fatter it gets the more contrast you get, but I guess I don't know what the sweet spot is.

Anyway, here goes, let me know. Full version here: http://www.instantscaptured.com/Port...k7GDv&lb=1&s=O

Edit: Adding a second image for your comments. Full version: http://www.instantscaptured.com/Port...dshdq&lb=1&s=O
    Hey Rom;

What to jp/anet like to see? Very contrasty and over-sharp in my opinion. The first one looks like it has a blue tint to me, the second looks decent for jp for an evening shot. I have had pretty good luck just using the auto contrast feature in CS3. Often the shot does not look a lot like what I remember the actual image looked in my minds eye. After auto contrast and levels adjustment it is just another catalog shot.

I will take a whack at the originals.
    jeremy in mn
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net