Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Uploading to Anet/JP? Pre-Screen Here!

Way over sharpened in my opinion...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

..sigh rejected again for quality I had the iso on 1800 :( any ideas on how to make it a bit better too Lazy to upload To photobucket So using the Rejected one from airliners

Start by shooting with the sun behind you, so your subject isn't backlit. Next, dial down the ISO to 100 - 200 (depending on your camera). It looks like you tried to brighten the shady side of the fuselage in post-processing, and often times (especially at higher ISO settings) that will generate noise in those darker areas. It also looks like an odd crop size - what aspect ratio did you use when sizing the image?

And let me add a comment on an earlier post you made...
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    Next time i go,I use a Nikon D70 do you think its enough to get it on airliners?
    For starters, don't worry about what you need to get a shot on A.net or JP.net, just concentrate on learning the basics. Once you've mastered those, taking photos that are good enough for the two big upload sites will be much easier. Listen to the advice that we have given you in this thread and elsewhere. Learn your camera settings and what works in different conditions, shoot with the sun at your back so your subjects aren't backlit, work on proper composition, learn how to read the histogram and what it means. Post some examples in a thread here, ask for feedback, and try the techniques that are discussed. You have it easy - I've been taking pictures for over 40 years, back when you sent a roll of film off to be developed and waited to see what you got. With digital, you can get almost immediate feedback to see if you are getting it right. But more to that point, I didn't take good photos right off the bat (and sometimes I still don't...) but as with most things, practice makes you better. And you have a forum full of photographers who are more than willing to give you advice.
    Last edited by moose135; 2012-10-23 at 06:17 PM.

uhm im not sure hehe..But next time when i go im going to use the eos Rebel Same iso as you said for the D70,And yes i did try to brighten/Contrast it a bit though i did a good job aperanlty airliners did not like it...
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Start by shooting with the sun behind you, so your subject isn't backlit. Next, dial down the ISO to 100 - 200 (depending on your camera). It looks like you tried to brighten the shady side of the fuselage in post-processing, and often times (especially at higher ISO settings) that will generate noise in those darker areas. It also looks like an odd crop size - what aspect ratio did you use when sizing the image?

As Moose said it best, forget about JP or Anet. Learn how to take photos 1st the correct way, learn how to edit the right way. After you get all that down packed, study and read what those sites require, after that, try it the correct way and you will get better results

I am not trying to sound like an ******* but I feel like you keep asking the same questions regarding your photos being good enough for anet over and over but you are not taking the advice that has been provided to you from the members to make your photography better.

We are all here to help you, look I personally did not no anything about photography, I learned everything I know from the guys here and it has helped a ton!

Again, just listen and take the advice :)
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Lucas, didn't I tell you to shoot ONLY with the sun behind you? Just because you can't do it at your airport for whatever reason does not make it ok to do it with the sun in your face... period. As Kaz said, no more asking until you get ONE thing done that we have tried advising you on ... please... and I am being a jerk because I went out of my way to try and help you, here and off line... the above picture is just a smack in my face, never mind a.net :-(
    Manny Gonzalez

This is an old photo :( Not recentely...sorry i should of said that :(
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Lucas, didn't I tell you to shoot ONLY with the sun behind you? Just because you can't do it at your airport for whatever reason does not make it ok to do it with the sun in your face... period. As Kaz said, no more asking until you get ONE thing done that we have tried advising you on ... please... and I am being a jerk because I went out of my way to try and help you, here and off line... the above picture is just a smack in my face, never mind a.net :-(

i'll try to Its always hard for me to take advice for some reason >.> Thanks (: This photo is probally a month or two old now..and i dont blame you for what you said I can be sorda an ass sometimes when it comes to getting help Im not sure why.. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Roush6NY View Post
    As Moose said it best, forget about JP or Anet. Learn how to take photos 1st the correct way, learn how to edit the right way. After you get all that down packed, study and read what those sites require, after that, try it the correct way and you will get better results

I am not trying to sound like an ******* but I feel like you keep asking the same questions regarding your photos being good enough for anet over and over but you are not taking the advice that has been provided to you from the members to make your photography better.

We are all here to help you, look I personally did not no anything about photography, I learned everything I know from the guys here and it has helped a ton!

Again, just listen and take the advice :)

I know this aint A material but i just thought What you all think of it I think there waving at me...,This Was The same day as i shot that Us airways Same Date,I haven't been to the airport sense Manny told me that Info..I hope hes still not mad at me >.>

Hey guys. This little guy dropped into to CYUL, very interesting to have a small prop land really long, while all the commercial stuff is landing normally.

Anyway, how is this for centering? I put the center of the frame on the fuselage.

Thanks

http://jeremyd.smugmug.com/Other/pot...1c-fxcw-X3.jpg

Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Not mad at you at all :)
    Manny Gonzalez

Here is a few I am unsure about for JP from Florida.

Im thinking its going to get rejected For darkness...

What about this Nice looking fellow?Even though cut the wing off But still pretty decent (:

if you look very closly you can see a plane landing in the background (: IM not sure about this if they accept tails..

all for now Lost about 100 photos due to my memory card being corrupted still kind of upset about that :( Thanks everyone

Actually, Lucas, the F-18 has TONS of potential if properly edited (it's a bit grainy and dark now) and even the Mig tail is promising!
    Manny Gonzalez

Kris yours look terrific ...
    Manny Gonzalez