Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Uploading to Anet/JP? Pre-Screen Here!

yea,i was thinking the Same i knew it would get Rejected Alright just as long as i dont take up your Time :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roush6NY View Post
    Are you planning to upload this same exact copy?

If so it will get rejected for pretty much everything. Parts of acft cut off, size/ratio, too soft, too much grain, bad contrast and I can go on.

If you like send me an original copy and I will be more than happy to show you my version: [email protected]

What do you think of These 4?Should of just posted all in one Post sorry everyone for the spam

Lucas,

These are not high quality but then again, it depends on what [you] are considering them for. If for your personal collection, do you like them? Then they are great I personally would not be pleased if these were mine.

You should (if you are so inclined) strive for the highest quality photos you can possibly produce. I suggest you spend some time practicing basic editing ... a good place to start, for lack of a better source specifically related to aviation photography editing, are the JetPhotos.net and Airliners.net

Respectively;
    http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854

http://www.airliners.net/faq/editing_guide.php

and you will find hundreds of thousands of tutorials of every kind by doing a simple search:

Finally, take a look at [your] favorite photos and ask yourself if yours are that great. If you want to get better help, take a look at photos posted here by our members and pick your favorites. Feel free to ask the author how the picture was made and you will surely get a great answer on the gear used, settings and even the editing and final processing.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

alright and haha i know there are not the Best Quality then again,I dont have a very good Camera,Im planning on getting the Fuji S4500 Seems like a good camera to use Thanks for your response :) and i can edit in Photoshop i Just never used Photoshop elements 10 Before and deicded to mess around with the Editing to see how they came out,Thanks for the Response! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Lucas,

These are not high quality but then again, it depends on what [you] are considering them for. If for your personal collection, do you like them? Then they are great I personally would not be pleased if these were mine.

You should (if you are so inclined) strive for the highest quality photos you can possibly produce. I suggest you spend some time practicing basic editing ... a good place to start, for lack of a better source specifically related to aviation photography editing, are the JetPhotos.net and Airliners.net

Respectively;
    http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854

http://www.airliners.net/faq/editing_guide.php

and you will find hundreds of thousands of tutorials of every kind by doing a simple search:

Finally, take a look at [your] favorite photos and ask yourself if yours are that great. If you want to get better help, take a look at photos posted here by our members and pick your favorites. Feel free to ask the author how the picture was made and you will surely get a great answer on the gear used, settings and even the editing and final processing.

Wondering if either of these might make it onto jp.net?

#2 A bit more artsy

Thanks,
    jeremy in MN
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Jeremy, I think they have a great chance as Ramp shots...
    Manny Gonzalez

They are great shots, I submitted a very similar shot like your #1 but not a night version a while back and it got rejected ( too much open space ) there was clearly a United 757 on the ramp and after fighting it, they still told me " its just a shot of a 757 and not a ramp" OKEY !!!!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Thanks manny,I dont have the best Camera as i just Got one Cause i just started out in a photography class,But im hoping either to get a camcorder or Just A Regular 35 MM Lens or The Fuji S4500,Doesn't seem like a bad camera and its cheap,The Picture Quality is 16MP By the way And the editing i was just messing around with photoshop Elements >.> guess they didn't come out as what i excepted :P

oh opps wrong quote lol
    Last edited by Just_Lucas; 2012-08-14 at 11:46 PM.

Jacksonville International Airport Fl American Eagles Landing
    Old Paint Job of Us airways 1980's Paint Job

Lucas, these do not have potential for upload to the on-line databases... in my opinion, they should be for your private collection.
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2012-08-16 at 05:29 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez

awww,:(,I just found out it was a 5MP Camera but it seemed to Be better then my 16MP the way i shot it,it was shot from a different camera so i was Just seeing how it looked i wasn't thinking about uploading it but i wasn't sure,Just looked it up and to find out it was 5MP :P
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Lucas, these do not have potential for upload to the on-ine databases... in my opinion, they should be for your private collection.
    Last edited by Just_Lucas; 2012-08-15 at 05:01 PM.

Lucas of all your recent shots posted I would say that only the American 737 being pushed back is close enough to the action. The other shots have way too much empty space in them. Unfortunately, cropping will not be the answer, as your shots are already too soft. To follow up on Manny's comment, you want to decide whether you want these shots for your own personal collection or if your aim is to get some shots accepted by the major sites.

I hate the idea of discouraging you because I was once in your position. I had an all-manual film SLR that required that I zoom, focus, AND watch the meter to adjust my exposure all at the same time, and I was getting very few keepers. One thing I would suggest you consider is, instead of the Fuji you're considering, you look into getting a DSLR. I know it's more money, but if you check out some used gear, and learn how to use it, you will end up with much higher quality. Believe it or not, a used DSLR and lens will most likely give you much better shots than a 'bridge' camera like the Fuji(again, once you learn to use it). Just something to consider

yea,thanks i will take a look at the camera.is that the full title of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Lucas of all your recent shots posted I would say that only the American 737 being pushed back is close enough to the action. The other shots have way too much empty space in them. Unfortunately, cropping will not be the answer, as your shots are already too soft. To follow up on Manny's comment, you want to decide whether you want these shots for your own personal collection or if your aim is to get some shots accepted by the major sites.

I hate the idea of discouraging you because I was once in your position. I had an all-manual film SLR that required that I zoom, focus, AND watch the meter to adjust my exposure all at the same time, and I was getting very few keepers. One thing I would suggest you consider is, instead of the Fuji you're considering, you look into getting a DSLR. I know it's more money, but if you check out some used gear, and learn how to use it, you will end up with much higher quality. Believe it or not, a used DSLR and lens will most likely give you much better shots than a 'bridge' camera like the Fuji(again, once you learn to use it). Just something to consider

I would suggest going for a used Nikon D40x or D60, and something like a used 55-200mmVR lens to go with it(or its Canon equivalent like the XSi). There are many of them floating around. If you find you enjoy this you could later step up to a more serious model with more features.

I'm not trying to sell you a camera, just saying that a bridge camera will probably end up limiting you whereas a DSLR like those mentioned above would get you in the ballpark of where you want to be. Yes, it is possible to take very good pictures with bridge cameras like the Fuji, I just know that if you feel like you are serious about photography, you will probably end up with an SLR at some point anyway.