Thread: USMC Officer Application Rejected

USMC Officer Application Rejected

I just received a rejection from the BUMED (go figure right) for a medical condition that I was born with and treated for as a kid. However, a heart condition that I currently am battling repeatedly in the hospital over the course of this year as not disqualifyed me. Figure that one out. Are all branches medical requirements to commission as an officer the same or should I take a stab at other branches. My entire family and all but one of my friends who have served are US Marines so little or no help there. Serious replies only and to inquire on the condition PM only. Thanks guys. Just curious.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: USMC Officer Application Rejected

Sorry to hear, man. I know it's probably not at the top of the list of your possibilities, but any chance you could just enlist instead? Seeing as how you have the requisites to be an officer, you'd probably get to enlist as an E-3.

I'm pretty sure the medical requirements vary by service. Many conditions can be waivered for whatever duty position you are trying to get into (some waivers are easy to get, others not so much)...

I'd talk to a recruiter (although be wary of anyone trying to get you to sign up for anything you don't want) or someone in the medical field in the service you are trying to get into.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Sorry to hear, man. I know it's probably not at the top of the list of your possibilities, but any chance you could just enlist instead? Seeing as how you have the requisites to be an officer, you'd probably get to enlist as an E-3.
    I honestly have no intention of enlisting. However I have been placed in medView which means they will review for 45 days and see if I can get my waivers. :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I honestly have no intention of enlisting.
    If I had the option to be an officer, neither would I. :lol: It kills me that the kids I graduated high school with that went to the Academy or are doing ROTC will still outrank me, even three years from now. :P

Good luck with the waivers!

Thanks man.