Thread: Tim Hortons coming to NYC!

Tim Hortons coming to NYC!

Ever since my two year project in Canada where Tim Horton's became a twice a day stop a few of us at work have dreamed (yes I said dreamed) of Tim Horton's opening up down state. OUR DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!!!

Tim Horton's is opening up in Manhattan, taking over a number of Dunkin Donut stores, one being in Penn Station which opens today.

I'm a Starbucks fan but would dump them in a heartbeat for Tim Horton's coffee. Timmy's is by far the best coffee from this style coffee shop. Oh and their breakfast sandwich.....Its 10000000 calories of buttery goodness!

Now they have to move a bit East to Long Island and I'll be on a caffeine high 24/7!

http://www.financialpost.com/news-secto ... id=1775745

Re: Tim Hortons coming to NYC!

This is one of my drinkable dreams as well except I'm no longer allowed caffine. FML. Time for a decaf and a doughnut.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I've never had Tim Horton's but I'm excited to try it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I've never had Tim Horton's but I'm excited to try it.
    Get the breakfast sandwich with sausage! If it’s as good as the one in Canada you're in for a treat. Their donuts are decent...I think Dunkin has better donuts but the Maple Walnut Bark at Tim's is really good.

Very good news!!! Can't wait to have some here, a tasty warm breakfast is always a great way of welcoming me to Montreal after a 7 hour, 4am drive from New York. I just hope the quality doesn't dip just when they are in the States.

I ended up partially swayed by Tim Horton's grand opening taking a trip to New Brunswick to go hiking with some friends. At a little after midnight on the way home I stopped in to have a cup of Decaf. Its not on par but its close. I talked to a MTA cop in there to see what he thought ans once it was great the other two times he said it was crappy. We shall see. The selection of doughnuts lacks too just a bit there.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

This is news.

I remember seeing one in Buffalo heading from Boston to London and doing a double take.

Timmies will one day take over the world. Move over Starbucks.

Took a minor detour to the Tim Hortons in the shadow of the former Lehman Brothers HQ at 50th and 7th Ave on my way to work today.

Verdict: Not impressed.

Ordered a large iced coffee with cream and sugar...coffee flavor was very, very weak, equivalent to McDonald's iced coffee. Not even in the same ballpark as DD or SBUX.

I thought maybe Timmy could redeem himself with a Boston Cream. Nope. It just tasted weird. Not sure how they could make a worse donut than Dunkin but they did.

Only bright point: friendly, English speaking Canadians are there helping the staff, but they'll be gone soon. Next week they'll revert to the same unfriendly staff who ran these places before. (All, except one, of these TH locations are former Dunkin Donuts shops.)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Just what we need, another over-hyped, over-priced coffee shop in NY.