Thread: Turkey + Greece Spotting Pics Part 1

Turkey + Greece Spotting Pics Part 1

I haven't had much time with the internet but I am back in London now with full internet access and many shots to share! I've combined shots from Istanbul, Antalya, Dalamaan, and Mykonos by name.

Spotting in Istanbul was from a great deck overlooking the airport belonging to a flight school, spotting in Antalya was from various fields near the airport and same for Dalamaan and Mykonos.

Turkey and Greece are two very beautiful places in the world and very much worth a visit, especially Turkey which I don't believe gets nearly enough credit.

Re: Turkey + Greece Spotting Pics Part 1

Nice variety Gordon. How did you manage to shoot in Greece...I thought they were not spotter friendly?

Re: Turkey + Greece Spotting Pics Part 1

Thanks, John. The Greek are certainly known for not being spotter friendly but that pertains more to the Athens airport then the island airports. People and security are a lot more laid back in the islands, especially in Mykonos. That being said, my two shots from the airport were taken within a few minutes of each other and were taken during a brief stop on the side of the road.

In Turkey they aren't exactly spotter friendly either. There are watch towers surrounding most airports since they also have some sort of military base on field.